Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tight ABS..

I know this sounds bad...but I love the way my abs feel when I pull my shoulders back and stand straight...sure I still have some fat covering them but damn they feel tight...
When I look down at myself as I sit here...I can actually see how tight they are...toooo coool.... All that AB workout everyday at the gym is starting to work...
I try to change out my ab workout each day so I'm not doing the same exercise and I don't do a lot of reps. I try to get in 3 differant ab exercises doing 3 sets of 20 reps...
Last night while I was doing the hanging knee lifts on the tower I had one of the muscleheads go by and give me the thumbs up...
In fact it was one of those nights where it seemed like everyone was watching me do my weights...Tues nights is the night I really push myself (working my upper body)....I must have had at least 6 people come over and talk to me...Now usually I don't mind visiting a little (as long as I can keep working out) but on Tues nights I really focus so I usually don't visit..most of my friends at the gym know this so they usually just say a quick hi and then go on their way..which is fine with me...the people that wanted to talk last night I have never talked too..so I didn't want to be rude...so I tried to be quick with my answers...Most of them tell me that they see me in the gym all of the time and are impressed that I work out so hard...which is fine and it does make me feel good...but gee...I really want to just get this last set in...
I usually run on the treadmill for my cardio on Tues night but didn't last night because my butt muscle that I pulled on Saturday was still tender and I decided to give it one more day of rest...(knowing that I'm not playing racquetball tonight and can make it up then) so I actually got out of the gym early enough to get home in time to watch all of American Idol...I should have stayed at the gym...it wasn't good...in fact I would say boring...at least I got my laundry done while watching it... I sure hope the guys are better tonight...
I did buy my new running shoes on Saturday... They are great (more later on them)...I'm trying to break them in so I won't have any trouble running in them on Saturday when I do my next 10K.. sooo anyhooo..I did a 1 mile run at lunch today and will run the 3 miles tonight on the treadmill....I'm hoping with all this running that this fat around my middle will start to melt off...
I'm feeling really good about how I look today...No more Evil Eva or Moanin' Mona...I caught a glance of myself in the mirror today and did a double take...I'm really liking how my body is looking(especially my legs)..too bad it doesn't show up that way in pictures so I can share...but not going there...

No comments: