Sunday, March 05, 2006

One Step at a Time

I ran my 2nd 10K race yesterday...There were alot more people my age at this race so I didn't place but that didn't matter to me...What did is that I did better my time..from 1:07:35 to 1:01:34 that's 6 mins better... I guess I can consider myself a "runner" now..

It's funny (NOT) that I have absolutely no confindence in myself...before every race i think to myself that there is no way I can run that far be it aa 5K or a 10K. I almost convince myself not to even try...This time I just kept reminding myself that I ran that far 2 weeks ago and I survived...that once I started the race I would be fine and that it was only a hour out of my life...to take it one step at a time...just to push myself as much as I could...and as soon as I started running I KNEW that this is something I can do...I'm not saying it was easy....my knees hurt and by the end of the race I was having to walk/run the last quarter of mile...and the race ended in a slight incline (I hate inclines, they hurt my knees sooo much) but I finished running not walking...

I had picked my person to "rabbit"...she looked about my age and had a nice long braid in the back so I knew I could keep her in sight...She pretty much stayed ahead of me all the way...Came in about 40 second ahead of me and at the end of the race I went and talked to her...she was 52 and has been racing for quite awhile...she was also very encouraging...told me I did great... I thanked her..

I was thinking this morning about how my thoughts about losing this weight are a lot like my racing... I keep telling myself (listening to Evil Eva) how hard this is and that I can't do it... but then I tell myself...Hell, Sue not only can you do it ....YOU'VE FREAKIN' HAVE DONE IT....I look at myself in the mirror and see a totally differant person...not only in looks but in the way I feel then I was 3 years ago...and who says it has to stop here... I just need to take it one step at a time and before you know I'll be here telling ya'll that I've made it...

I was done to 167 this week...every pound lost is one more step in the right direction...

No comments: