Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Match.com

I just cancelled my subscription to Match.com...In the last 3 months I have recieved emails from 4 differant guys but nothing has ever come of them and alot of rejections..I don't know if it's just me or the guys out there are looking for something I'm not. I've come to the conclusion it's just not worth putting myself thru the ups & downs of trying to find someone on line. I'm not at a point in my life where I handle rejection easy...I take it too personal...I know tht I have alot to offer someone out there.. Hey, I'm not only sexy (in my own way) but I think I'm fun...at least that's what Lar always said. And I WILL NOT let this experience make me think otherwise....

I guess if there is someone out there for me it will happen...probably when I least expect it...in the mean time I'm just going to go on with my life and enjoy myself.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I met my fiance from Match.com but he was the 25th guy I met. I went through a lot of rejection and met a lot of jerks and made a few friends. The only way to go about it without feeling like you do is to have about zero expectations. I was pretty jaded by the experience by the time I met John. I took a few breaks from it for the same reason you did.
Hang in there. You are a beautiful woman.
A lot of those guys are professional daters and you don't want to meet them anyways.

Shelly said...

I remember my grandma telling me "you only need one good one." My response was "yeah, but you have to meet about 1,000 bad ones to find one good one." I met my husband on a blind date, and it happened when I was preparing myself to be alone. I had a good job, I bought myself an apt., and I had enough friends and activities in my life to be pretty happy. When you are happy about who you are, that is when you are most attractive to the right person. Keep believing in yourself! If match.com isn't working then quit it, but don't quit on the idea of finding the right man.