Sunday, March 12, 2006

My GREAT Day!!!!

Let me tell you about my GREAT day today....You know it had to be good if I'm here on the weekend...right?
anyhoooo

It started off this morning waking up to sunshine...lovely sunshine...puts you in a good mood right away...I was at the gym by 9 am, played some racquetball, then worked out for 1 1/2 hrs on my back & chest..worked up a great sweat...then I took a nice hot soak in the hot tub, got in the pool (ya'll know I'm scared to death of water) and actually did some runs from the 3 ft to the 4 1/2 ft in the water (got a great leg work out)...ran into some friends who talked me into the sauna for awhile while we caught up on gossip...the latest of their naughtyness (they're great buds of EE)...after I left the gym..I decided to stop off at a WalMart that I don't normally go to, needed to see if the had this spray I use to tame the frizzies (for my hair guys..) they didn't but I spotted the swim suit that I've been wanting (a tankini) and they had it in my size...whoooohhooooo...so I only ended up spending $25 instead of the $98 on the suit that I saw at Victoria Secrets...and I like this one alot better, it really looks good on me...
When I got home I got a call from Sears to let me know that my Lawn Mower was ready and since it was now about 81 degrees out (eat your hearts out guys) I decided to go get it today (it was in Athens which is about 40 mins drive north of me) instead of waiting till tomorrow...On my way I noticed that the Tattoo place that I saw last Sunday on my way to Athens was open so I thought I would just stop in and see what it would cost me to get the tattoo that I've been wanting FOREVER..and to see if these guys could understand just what I wanted....Well, I met Dave...super coool guy who immediately got what I wanted, he told me the price..$150..about what i expected but didn't want to spend that much right now...so went on my way to Athens, picked up the lawn mower, came home and mowed the lawn...decided to check my mail (I only check it maybe once a week) and lo and behold I had a bonus check of $200 from my work....Well I went in and took a shower, put on my low rise black capri pants and a really cute pink & black shirt and drove myself back to the Tatoo parlor...yep that's right...I am now the proud owner of my First Tattoo...and I freakin' love it...It's a one of a kind...since Dave drew it specially for me (he told me that it's rare to meet someone who likes originals..I told him I drove a pink truck..he loved it)...It's a memorial tattoo for Larry....A vibrant pink (of course) heart with blue flames coming out of the top and Jones scripted underneath the heart...It is riding on my right hip...It hurt a little getting it, surpringly more on the fatty tissue above the hip bone.(mostly burns).but it wasn't that bad...in fact I've already picked out my next one...one for Evil Eva...it's a lil devil heart...but that will have to wait for awhile, maybe a reward when I actually reach my goal....

1 comment:

Suzann said...

I love your blog - I found you on a link at granny's vibe. I am also a widow - I lost my husband in Nov 2004 and have been on the path - right now healthy eating and REALLY putting the exercise in my life is important to me.

Congrats on your new swimsuit and tattoo - you are an inspiration.