Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Countdown?

Tomorrow it will be one month before my B'day...
At the first of the year I set a goal to be down to 159 by then...but now I don't see that happening...I'm at 167 and with only 4 weeks left that means I would have to lose 2 pounds a week..I know that doesn't seem like alot but face it for me to lose one pound a week is a big struggle...at least while I'm trying to lower by body fat...
I think if I was only interested in losing the 8 pounds I could do it by upping my cardio and cutting back on my protein and calories...and I did actually consider this but I'm sooo afraid of losing muscle instead of fat...sooo I think if I can get anywhere between 160 and 165 by my birthday I will be satisfied...At least that means that I am still working at it...
I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't a race to see how fast I can lose but is a way of life for me (THIS IS FOREVER FOR ME)..I'm not in competition with anyone..I just don't want to be fat anymore...
Last night I was at #1 Niece's watching The Boy and lil Mini-Meme while she & Jack went to the Queen Concert and had a conversation with The Boy, who is a very bright 8 year old, about how much weight I've lost and why I want to lose more...and as we were wrestling on the floor together I realized just how far I have come in the last couple of years...and how I look forward to where I will be in the next year or so...I don't see me EVER getting so heavy that I can't play around with the kids...I might get to "old" but I plan on being one of those "old" ladies that are very fit... BTW I really had fun with the kids...I even gave up my workout at the gym to spend the time with them and it was well worth it...I figure I can make up my workout during the rest of the week...Kids have a habit of growing up too fast and I treasure every moment that I do get to spend with them...

I figure I did get some workout last night...

Lifting Mini-MeMe over my head and doing presses
Doing squats while The Boy sat on my shoulders (he tells me he weighs 75 lbs), couldn't do lunges tho..not enough balance

Turning kids upside down on their heads and holding them in the air...They loved this one, especially when I did both at the same time...

Sitting on the floor with The Boy on shoulders again (he liked it up there for some reason) and bending over as far as I could...This is harder than you would think...

I did say no to chasing around the house to get cardio...Aren't you proud of me?
Can you tell we had fun?

No comments: