Monday, March 13, 2006

Blogging

I got a call from one of my techs today and he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was "Blogging"...he said "I've heard of that but Just what is Blogging?" I told him it's very addictive and it's someplace to go to put down your thoughts and others can come read and comment on it if they want. This got me to thinking about why I really started this blog altho I'm not really a writer (there are so many out there that do such a better job than me at writing)....and why I go lurking on others (which I spend more time than I should doing but I enjoy it sooo damn much). I think it's about not being alone, even if it is just seeing the words on the screen...getting the thoughts organized and out of my mind onto the screen sometimes makes it all seem so much more real...I have sooo many thoughts running thro my mind at one time that sometimes it's hard to know what I really am thinking...Just like now ...It's not like I think what I have to say is all that important...but more so that I do have these thoughts and they mean something to me... I can go back and reread some of the things I've written and say to myself...Yeah, I remember feeling or doing that..

Sometimes I wish I could be smart,witty or funny like some of the blogs I read..but face it I am ME and this Blog is MINE and I'm not in competition here so I can just rattle on if I want.

3 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

SLEM, you'd be surprised at the importance of what you have to say. Welcome to the Blogosphere and the wonderful and generous community that you are now a part of. Everyone has a voice...large or small...writers and non-writers. We read, we write...and we listen. It's a beautiful cathartic connection open to anyone who chooses to use it. I'm fairly new to it too, and started blogging because of my daughter, who has been blogging for a couple of years. I can't imagine not having it in my life....addiction and all. Enjoy every moment...take care... -Joy

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh SLEM, I too am recently widowed... just last November. I kept blogging through that whole awful time. Without a doubt, it got me through it and kept me going. -Joy

Suzann said...

You have important things to say - and I enjoy "hearing" your perspectives. Blog on! Suzann