Thursday, March 16, 2006

EGGS!!!!!!!

As all my Family will be quick to point out, I have a thing about eggs...I'm not crazy about them to eat (I eat them scrambled or boiled occasionally but NEVER fried)..but it's like a security thing with me...I have to have them in my fridge or I go totally bonkers....It's weird but even tho it's only me and they might last me for months, I buy eggs by the 18 count carton and always like to have at least 6 eggs on hand. I can be out of anything else and not get panicky but let me get down in the egg department and I start to hyperventilate.

I remember one time right after we first got together Lar gave our last 2 eggs to the neighbor and I went balistic on him.... I had to go immediately to the store and buy eggs (believe me...it was the last time he ever did that)...now I had no plan on using them but just having them in the house comforts me...I know I will never starve as long as I have eggs...

Now starving must be something I worry about alot in the back of my mind...don't know why because there is ALWAYS something to eat in my house...true it may not be exactly what I want to eat but as long as I have eggs I know I can make SOMETHING and I won't have to go hungry.

There have been times in my life that I have gone hungry...I remember as a child being hungry alot. My Mom did her best but we had some hard times (we existed on rabbits one winter and to this day neither one of my sisters will eat rabbit). And then there was the months when I was married to the Kid's dad and he got hurt on the job and was out of work for awhile and we existed on beans (I still like beans)...So I don't know if this is part of why I find comfort in food...Some part of me must think that as long as I have LOTS OF FOOD then I am prospering. And why EGGS, I don't know...It's just how I am!!!

I realize I have a thing about Food...and this probably is a good part of the reason I have been overwieght for so many years..but isn't that true with most overweight people... I don't know if I really want to analyze it all that close...

But the one good thing I have learned in the last two years is that IT DOESN'T HURT ME TO GO A LITTLE HUNGRY...I WILL SURVIVE IT...just as long as I have eggs in the fridge...LOL....

No comments: