Thursday, March 16, 2006

How Long can I go?

My Refrigerator looked sooo empty this morning....I'm running out of all my favorite foods at home and I'm trying to figure out if I can wait till Saturday or Sunday to go to the store. I really hate going during the week...After all this is the Big Excitement of the Weekend for me going to WalMart to shop...LOL...

I am now out of banana's and Kashi Hot Cereal my usual 9:30am breakfast. For breakfast this morning I had a Cliff Carrot Cake bar (not the best choice but I still have one left for tomorrow if needed)and for lunch today I packed a Spinach salad using the last of the strawberries & Walnuts,..still have some Blue Cheese crumbles left (those go a long ways) but am running low on the raspberry vingette...Since I don't have any more whole wheat wraps left to make a turkey/spinach wrap I'm not sure what I will have for lunch tomorrow. I have one apple (I bought 2 at Publix's the other day) and one ounce of almonds left for my 5 o'clock snack before going to the gym today. It's my late night with Hip Hop class so won't get out of the gym until after 9 PM and altho WalMart is open 24 hrs..and I don't usually mind going in the middle of the night (less rug rats) I really really don't want to go tonight.
I find my self tempted to see just how long I CAN go without going to the store...I'm sure there is something in the house that I could eat instead of the same ole foods I tend to bring....
Inventory of refrigerator (using my memory from when I was in it this morning)....
Red grapes (about a cup full) left over from last week...not too appetizing looking but still not moldy...
1/2 yellow squash...
2 Kiwi's
6 clemetines
1 small head of cabbage
1/4 red onion
1 sweet potato
pineapple - cored & peeled last week...about 1/2 cup left
eggs (6) I use 1 egg white in my protein drink each morning
3/4 bottle of wine
3 bottles of Arizona Diet Blueberry Green Tea Drink
3 string cheese
1/4 pkg of thin sliced turkey (enough for one wrap, if I had a whole wheat wrap)
fresh Spinach (1/2 bunch waiting to be cleaned & spun)
the usual condiments, pickles & jellies
no fat sour cream (small container)
Blue Cheese Crumbles (about 1/2 container)
Rice Milk

I tend to like my veggies & fruit FRESH. I find that if I buy to much I end up throwing it away because after a couple of days in my fridge I don't feel it is FRESH..ie..the grapes & pinapple...same thing goes for banana's, I like them almost green..if they get any brown spots on them I can only eat them in my cereal...

well after going thro this list I see that I can make it another day and maybe even 2.
For Dinner tonight I will have the sweet potato & pinapple and a garden veggie burger with sliced kiwi for dessert .
For lunch tomorrow I will have another spinach salad using the turkey, a hard boiled egg, red onion and blue cheese crumbles...Clememtine for desert...5 o'clock snack will be the rest of the raw summer squash (sliced) with a little nf sour cream mixed with ranch dressing and a piece of string cheese..
Hey i can do this...Not bad for not going to the store and doing my usual weekly shopping last weekend..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh thank God! I was getting panicky, but then I saw that you had eggs.

Whew!

Lady Sue said...

You are tooooo funnny.....
Believe me if I was out of eggs I would be at the store as we speak...but I AM getting panicky because if I boil one tonight and use another one for my protein drink that only leaves me with 3...
My theory in life is that I will never starve if I have eggs in the fridge....