Wednesday, March 22, 2006

obsessing...

So why do I obsess over getting this eating under control so much...

1. Like Joan I have this FEAR that I will wake up one morning and weigh over 200 pounds again...I know this is possible because it has happened to me before...I got down to 170 and then went back up to 235.....and it didn't take all that long...I AM NOT GOING TO LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN...
I know that I have to keep aware of exactly where I am and what I am doing...

2. I know that I am doing all I can in the exercise department...I feel good about myself there and really don't think I can improve on that much but I also know that unless I get the eating under control all the hard work I do at exercising is for naught...

3. I hate not being in control....yep I know I'm a control Freak...but that's just ME...

4. I know that I look alot better than I did 2 years ago...but I also know that I can still look even BETTER...and I REALLY WANT THAT....
I want to feel good about myself ALL OF THE TIME....

5. and besides I don't know how to STOP OBSESSING....anyone got any suggestions?

2 comments:

Joan said...

Yup, I have suggestions. I always do.
Forget about the past and where you were at. Focus on where you want to be and why. Then, let that be your every day motivation. Also do not focus so entirely on the goal, like I will lose two pounds a week. That is a setup for failure. Take small steps, reward yourself along the way, and enjoy the journey.
Remove the suffering portion of it. Don't focus on deprivation. Focus on making yourself happy.

Lady Sue said...

Thanks...I know you are right but it's hard not to think about where I've been and just how easy it was to get there...
My motivation for today is to just Make it through today the best I can and to enjoy myself.