Monday, March 27, 2006

OWWWWWeeeeeeeeee

So Saturday I decided that since I haven't done a really good leg workout in a couple of months that I really needed one...especially since I was thinking about going and getting my tattoo finished and I knew if would be a couple of weeks before I could get in another good leg workout...Soooo since we didn't get a court for racquetball on Sat. morning like usual...I did my 20 mins stretching then 45 mins on the eliptical, did a full set of Abs ..3 sets of 20 crunches, 4 sets of 20 standing knee lifts on the tower, 3 sets of 20 ea leg of crossovers...then went to legs...4 sets of 25 calf raises at 110#s, 3 sets of 25 abductors @110#s, 4 sets of 14 leg lifts @ 45#s (this is one of the hardest ones for me because of my knee), 3 sets of 15 sitting leg sleds @90#s, 3 sets of 15 laying leg sleds @ 215#s...3 sets of 20 squats...then ended it up with lunges around the room....by the time I got done my legs were like jelly...so I treated myself with the hot tub (wearing my new tankini). And Yes I went and got the dates put on the tattoo...I'm more satisfied with it now!!!
Yesterday when I woke up my legs were sore...I definately could tell I had worked them out...but went to the park anyway (by myself) and ran/walked the 6 miles around the lake...I say ran/walk because by the time I got to the half way point I was walking...I probably only ran about total of 5 miles and walked 1 mile...my legs did loosen up a little but I sure could feel them...After stretching I got into the truck and drove home...Went to get out of the truck and felt like an old lady....I knew I was in trouble....I went in the house and sat on the couch and read my book (BIG mistake). By afternoon I was even more stoved up...but got my butt off the couch and went outside and put pine straw around some of the trees and in the one island that needed it (you would have laughed if you could have seen me...I'm sure I looked like I was 100 years old.)..I broke down last night before going to bed and took some Motrin...Now you have to understand I HATE taking pain meds...but was hoping that it would help some of the stiffness today...NO SUCH Luck...I knew the third day is when you feel it the most...and Yes..I can barely get my bottom to sit on the toilet...luckily my chair here at the desk is raised as far up as possible so I don't have to go down far when I sit...Let's not even talk about walking...Owwww...
And I have racquetball tonight...I sure hope I can loosen up a little with stretching...

So what is the moral of my little story...I need to do leg work more often so I don't have to go thru this pain....of course I tell myself this everytime...

No comments: