Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I WANT! I WANT sooo bad!!!

I don't know if I'm just behind times or what but this last week I saw an advert for the Bowflex Select Tech 552 Dumbbells....Well, I have to tell you I fell immediately in love with these dumbbells...I went to Dicks Sporting store Sat night and checked them out.....Oh lordy, they are soooo sweet...you can even buy this really cool stand to put them on and it has a towell rack....it doesn't take up hardly any room (I know just where I would put it in my bedroom)...and I know the cost of them really isn't much compared to if I were to buy a full set of dumbbells but it's still a little more than I can REALLY afford at this time (and I do have an old set of plate ones that #1 Niece gave me a couple of years ago but I'm just not crazy about them and only used maybe once or twice....I really need to give them back to her) but I am SERIOUSLY thinking about it.
I have always said that I won't spend monies on equipment for home because I know I would only use it for maybe a week or so and then it would sit there and collect dust...proof of that was the HealthRider I bought for over $400 years ago...which I ended up giving to the Kid and she ended up selling it at a yard sale for $5....
But I have to tell you these Dumbbells are to die for....I love the fact that all you have to do is dial in the weight and it's in 2.5 # increments...I've had trouble upping weights at the gym because they only go up in 5# increments...so say the 20# is too light for me and the 25# is too heavy Welll I could just do the 22.5# ...and I've been saying that if they just would go up in 2.5# increments I know I could build up to 25# easier and then who knows where I'd go....maybe all the way up to the 52.5 #s...woooohoooo!!!
By the way they do have a smaller set that goes up to 20 # for women...way too wimpy for me tho..I want the MANLY set...
I even went as far as to look on eBay and yep they are there, but since I have never bought ANYTHING from eBay I'm a little hesitant...afraid if I start I won't stop...Like if I buy the dumbbells then I will need a bench...and before you know it I will have spent all my monies on a gym at home....

No comments: