Sunday, January 08, 2006

Body fat goal

I went over to #1 Nieces this morning before our run at the park and she did the "pinch" measurement for body fat on me to find out just where I am with my body fat...
This morning I weighed in at 169.6 pounds and my body fat is at 37%..this is 62.9# of fat and 107.1# of muscle...together we decided to set my goal for the year at 149#s & 20% body fat...that will give me 30# of fat and 119#s of lean muscle...(hopefully I will look & feel good) I need to lose 33#s of fat and gain 12# of lean muscle...
When I type all this in it sounds more daunting than when we did the actual figuring...it sounds so much easier just to say I want to lose 20 pounds but I know that for me I don't JUST want to lose weight but I also want to be FIT...I could still be FAT at 149 pounds and that's not where I want to be...
We also took pictures of me so once I get them developed I will be posting them...I tell you this so even if I hate the pictures (which I usually do) I will have a reminder thatno matter how they look I will share them....and altho I feel like I look good I still have a ways to go...
Pictures of me NEVER look as good as I feel....We also took a picture of me in a flannel shirt that I used to wear before I started all this...it is sooo big on me...I drug it out of the closet yesterday to wear while working in the yard...boy did it make me feel good...

1 comment:

PartTimeMom said...

I think you've got some good goals there - they are certainly doable!

I look forward to watching your progress throughout the year.