Thursday, January 26, 2006

ZZZZZZZZ!!!

For more years than I like to think about I've had trouble sleeping more than 5 hrs a night and never without waking up at least a couple of times. I used to get up at 3:30 am to exercise Larry's legs and get him ready for work every morning,.... before that I got up every 3-4 hrs with my son to give him meds...As a kid I would get up early every morning and deliver papers ...now most of the time I never even set the alarm and if I did i would wake up before it went off..I automatically woke up, got out of bed wide awake ready to face the day...I'v always been a morning person (to the disgust of some of my family). I've always been proud of this fact.....I've always scorned those people who hit the snooze button or overslept...Never understood the need for that few more minutes of sleep in bed...

Well..... guess what? Since I've changed my diet, upped my protein and gotten off the carbs after 3:30 (mostly not doing any mindless eating after dinner)I've noticed that I am sleeping more and having a hard time getting myself out of that bed in the morning...In fact at first I thought I was just forgetting to set the alarm but the last couple of nights I made sure I set it and somehow? I have overslept everyday this week...What's with that? I barely remember turning off the alarm this morning and snuggling under the blankets and thinking..."just a few more minutes" Well 40 mins later I look at the clock and think "I've got to get up" but did i? Nope waited 5 more minutes....Now this just isn't ME...I don't do things like this...not even on the weekends...I will admit I was having a really strange dream than I wanted to see how it came out...but that is no excuse....How do people who do this get to work on time? Or do they? I did manage to get here on time today but I'm not sure what workout clothes I really threw in the bag and my lunch isn't what I really planned on...but it's still within the plan...luckily I had some individual cans of tuna ready in case of an emergency...that and an apple and some sugar snap peas will have to be my lunch today...

I have to admit that I am feeling really rested and that is something new for me too... I figure I have a lifetime of sleep deficit to make up for...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! and HA!

Welcome to my world!

Now you know why I'm NEVER on time, but insanely cute and well-rested when I get there.