Thursday, January 19, 2006

i WANNA BE PERFECT!

Thanks to my journaling....and yes I am still writing in my lil black book with the whale on it... the Whale is to remind me of what I used to look like but also since it is a picture of one jumping out of the water looking free... that is me now...Free to move this body...anyhhooooo I digress... thanks to my journaling I have come up with an eating plan that I think I can live with. This is my third day on it and it feels good and I have stuck to it..we'll see how it goes through the weekend...

MY TWEAKED Plan
3 days high Protein/low carbs/low calorie (HP/LC/LC) 1200-1400 cal (no complex carbs after 3:30 pm), some type of Protein at every meal is my goal (this is the hardest for me since I don't do milk products and hardly any meats, no red at all), then 3 days (I might tweak this to be only 1 or 2 days later) higher carbs/high calories 1400-1800 with still getting plenty of protein. I can have my complex carbs on these days (rice, whole wheat noodles etc), Then one FREE day when I will not worry about what I eat, but still try to eat healthy and stay under 2000 cal, or journaling (I'm aiming this to be land either on Sat or Sun my biggest problem days for eating and journaling). On this day I will NOT feel guilty or beat myself up for not journaling or watching every bite I put in my mouth because I will be on plan. If this gets out of control I will change it to one FREE Meal instead of one Free Day...

So far this is working altho I'm only on my third day of HP/LC/LC, when I get hungry for those complex carbs at night (and I know it's all mental because I haven't been the slightest hungry) I just tell myself that it's not forever, it's only ___ days and then I can have it (THEN i DRINK ANOTHER GLASS OF WATER OR CUP OF TEA). For three days I have been eating lots of fish (tuna, salmon and tonight Tiplapi, all grilled on my GF grill)and a green fiber Carb (broccolli, brussel sprout and tonight green beans)only..that and a protein bar after I work out on my way home seems to be satisfying me.... It's true what they say about protein filling you up more that those carbs...who knows I might even try some grilled chicken for dinner one night....

I'm hoping by my cutting back those calories for 3 days and then eating somewhat higher calories for the next couple of days that I will fool my body into not going into the starvation mode and storing the fat... I don't think I could have done this before this but I've been on a low calorie diet for 2 years now (although not strictly and if the truth is to be known I think I've probably been consuming more calories than I would admit to...journaling will STOP that)and decided it's time to up my calories a little... The one thing I am afraid of is by upping my protein I will gain more muscle (not a bad thing) and the scale will not move down like I want (booo)... but I've decided that I can live with that as long as I go DOWN in sizes like I have been...

I am trying to tweak it so that the days I eat higher Protein are the days that I do my major weight training and the other days are my cardio days...I know my biggest problem is with eating, NEVER with exercising or drinking my water. If I get this under control then I will be PERFECT....WHOOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!

No comments: