Wednesday, January 25, 2006

How fun is this?

Life is good right now for me....I'm feeling good about myself.
My job is holding up...no real excitement there but at least it's a paycheck. My family is all healthy and content... no major problems in that department at this time (just minor ongoing irritations with the x-son-in-law)...I keep myself busy by doing things I like to do...such as going to the gym pretty much everyday & making new friends.

I've become more outgoing & assertive than I have been in years (which is kind of a surprise to me)....If I want something I go for it...I'm not afraid to make plans even if I end up doing them by myself...I am becoming a person I can be proud of, not only in looks but in attitude. But mostly I AM HAVING FUN...Sure I PLAY alot more now than I have in a long time...almost like I was young again...wait...I am young!!!!At least in my mind...It's soo easy to forget that I am in my mid 50's (that just sounds old) because since I've started taking care of my body, my mind has gotten younger..I move easier so I feel younger...whoa...who needs that magic exlix or pill to make you young...just go out and exercise & eat right....

Who'd thunk that all those people I read about for years were right...Why did it take me sooo long to come to these conclusions and act on them... I've known for years what it would take to get the bod I wanted but was just to "busy" always making up excuses why I Couldn't eat right, why I ate so much, why I couldn't get out there and exercise...mostly blaming it on taking care of Larry...and excuses is exactly what they were... He would have supported me in anything that I chose to do. Proof of that is when in the 90's I lost 100 pounds by going to a nutritionist and started walking & riding a bike (which he bought for me) He even went out and bought a gas grill for me so we could get away from fried foods..But as soon as I got close to reaching my goal I quit exercising (thanks to the excuse of a hurt knee when I fell) & started to eat large amounts of (albiet Healthy) food, it still was a lot of calories and I gained 60 of the 100 pounds back in no time...Larry was supportive of me then too...told me that he loved me no matter what size I was....I truly think this was true not just something he said...Would he have loved me more if I was skinny? I doubt it but i would have loved myself more if I had taken care of myself...i would have been happier and that would have made him happier..so now I'm making up for it...My priority in life for now is to get fit, to have the body I want, to have more energy, to be able to move this body...basically to be happy with myself...How fun is this? Lots when you consider that I love eating the foods I do, I love being able to go to classes (hip hop & kickboxing) and know that I will conquer the moves...I love running at the park with #1 Niece and being able to run 5K's & go on hikes...I'm even thinking about taking up line dancing...who knows what else there is out there for me...the world is a big place and there is more to life than sitting at home watching TV...

No comments: