Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yay, It's Saturday

I don't have anything planned for today except to clean up the house a little which is a never ending job. My question is how can a place get so messy when there's only me here??? I swear everywhere I look I see used Kleenex's and it seems like I'm always picking them up and putting them in the trash..at least my dishes are in the dishwasher and ready to run when it gets full (which takes about a week)...I can't wait to feel better and to get my breathing under control again so I can paint my guest bathroom..I cleaned it this morning and I really hate how dirty the walls seem..it's been over 15 years since I've painted in there and it really needs it..I wish I could afford to upgrade the sink and lighting..I do have my dreams (although I've decided putting a bookcase where the bathtub is won't work..lol)..but need to just hold onto them and wait till I catch up on some bills ......
I'm done with my Saturday morning calls for the American Kidney Services..I swear This week's call list was 4 pages of #s of Old Old Old People and believe it or not I loved talking to them..One lady had just lost her oldest daughter to cancer this past week and was apologizing to me because she wasn't up to getting anything together at this time to donate..Then there was the older gentleman who just lost his wife the day before..he too apologized that he didn't have anything this time but said to call him back the next time we were in his area...he was so nice.
I have so far (I still have 3 more days to call back the one's I couldn't reach) 40 definite yes for donations and 20 maybes (which is funny because it's like these old people don't want to say No and hurt my feelings, last week I had a total of 4 maybe's) I will call ALL of them back the Tues before just to confirm and hopefully some of the maybes will turn into Yes's (although it would surprise me)...My first week of calls I had 42 Confirmed pickups scheduled and the drivers actually picked up 38 which is an 88% pickup rate...and that's what I get paid on is how many of the confirmed pick up actually get picked up..I figured that at this rate I'm being paid $6 an hour. I guess that's not too bad for part time work done at home and my own leisure..but I'm sure not going to get rich this way...I'm still playing the lottery...it's my only hope of really getting rich since I have no rich relatives waiting to die...at least the monies from this job will help out. Even if it's only a little, I'm still ahead of where I would be if I don't do anything..I can tell you this..it's a lot less stress than driving a School Bus...Whew!!
I've been thinking about cancelling my membership with the gym. It's $40 a month that I could put toward my other bills and truthfully I haven't been using it enough to justify keeping it..I know I keep saying I'll get back into it but I've mainly been keeping it so I can play racquetball which I love and there isn't anywhere else I can play but I've only been averaging 1 day a week..that's $10 each time I play..that's pretty expensive for 1 hour ...I can work out at home and also get back into running at the park (which I really loved) for cardio so I don't really need. I'm also trying to start up a fitness group with Thus Fit...not sure how to juggle all I want to do with the time I've got..still looking at my options.
Just Mainly trying to get my life back to Normal (what ever that is), health wise at least..
It seems like , with my health , it's like being pregnant.... in the morning I have so much trouble breathing and am all congested and then after 1 pm I'm feeling better, not so much trouble breathing and only have to blow my nose every once in awhile..I just want to get back to feeling good again...I've been real careful with my diet...no processed sugar. But for last night when I got the biggest urge for pizza..so I got a DiGiorno Spinach Mushroom frozen pizza and had 2 slices (wrapped the rest for later in the week). I should have stuck to only one but it tasted sooooo goood...it did make me a little sick last night..my stomach cramped up and I got some heartburn..but it didn't make me cough...I figure it was the tomato sauce on the pizza but I could not find a frozen pizza at the store that didn't have a tomato sauce...I used to buy Amy's Roasted Veggie pizza (which had tomato's but no sauce on it) but Wally World (where I do most of my food shopping) doesn't carry it...they do carry some of Amy's other dishes but not the pizza's..Now I'm afraid to try to eat any more of the pizza I have but I don't want to waste it...so it's a dilemma for me..for now it'll stay in the freezer so when I can't stand the urge any more I can microwave me 1 slice...
Oh yeah...let me tell you what I won't ever fix again...this morning I didn't have enough dried cranberries for my oatmeal so I added some frozen blueberries to my water...which changed the color to a pretty red and when I added the oatmeal to it...it still didn't look bad...but then I added my whipped egg white and all of a sudden the mixture turned a horrible PURPLE color...it reminded me of this horrible mixture that my older sister used to make that she called Goulash..
As for taste..after I added my honey and I closed my eyes while eating it..it actually didn't taste too bad...but I'm telling you it was Slimy & UGLY Looking.....so much for experimenting with what I do have..I love my oatmeal in the morning and have been trying to think of things I can add to it and get my fruit in for the day...dried apples work good if I add some cinnamon...and have been thinking bout trying the dried mixed fruit..but after this morning now I'm afraid...but never say die is my motto for today..
Need to go make some flash cards for my French lessons so I can be ready for tomorrow when the group meets at the French Bakery. Talk about temptation..but I all ready know that I can't eat anything there. Will just have some tea.
'A la prochaine Mon Amies

No comments: