Friday, January 30, 2009

WJZZ has Pulled the Plug

The "smooth jazz" radio station that I listen to has changed to R&B and I am soooo upset by this...they also have pulled their sponsorship to the Jazz Concert at the Suwanee park that THus attends every first Friday of the month (April - October) . We get there early and set up a tent (with a chandelier) and stay until they kick us out of the park..the park has a really cool stage with great sound...They have had some great artist there and there isn't anything better than to sit outside at a park and listen to someone play on a sax....They also pulled their sponsorship of the Jazz Festival at Piedmont Park on Memorial Weekend...Thousands of people attend this one.... so any way my friend "J" is probably more upset than I am, in fact she sent them an email to find out what is going on...

A message from Tim Davies, Vice President/ General Manager WJZZ:
First, I would to take this opportunity to thank you for supporting Smooth Jazz 107.5 over the years. Whether you have been a loyal listener, a community organization we have helped or one of our valued advertisers, I wanted to give you a quick explanation why we no longer are airing the Jazz format. In business, you have to make decisions based on many factors. In our case, there is a new audience measurement system and unfortunately, there are just not enough listeners who want to listen to a station like ours….and when you do not have the listeners, you lose advertiser support. When you combine the two, as in this case, it no longer is a viable business.
If you would like to contact me, you can leave a voice message by calling 404-832--7202 or write attention:
Tim DaviesRadio OneAtlanta 101 Marietta Street 12th floor Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Again, thank for your support over the years.

This is NOT good.....I hate changes...just when I find a station I really like they go and change it on me.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that WJZZ is gone. Not only are being deprived of the ONLY smooth jazz radio station in metro Atlanta - we will no longer get to enjoy Quiet Music on Sunday mornings. Those who don't know smooth jazz just don't know what they are missing.

Anonymous said...

I hate that WJZZ is gone. Not only are we being deprived of the ONLY smooth jazz radio station in metro Atlanta - we will no longer get to enjoy Quiet Music on Sunday mornings. Those who don't know smooth jazz just don't know what they are missing.

Anonymous said...

I used to be a long time listener of WJZZ and I also really hate the fact that its gone. I love the music they played and it always manages to calm me down after a hard day. I find it sad that Smooth Jazz doesn't seem to be that popular, it some of my favorite type of music. I just hope that sometime down the road, someone else will carry on what WJZZ started.