Saturday, January 31, 2009

Taxes!

I went to http://www.dor.ga.gov/inctax/efile/TSD_Free_Electronic_Filing_Program_2008.pdf
(which I found in my 1040EZ form I got in the mail) to check out doing my own taxes this year.
I picked Turbo Tax Online. It does all the work for you (all you do is enter the info that they tell you into the system) and Both Federal & State are free because I made less the 30K this past year...I entered all the info which only took me about an half hour...and now I'm undecided to trust it or not..according to Turbo Tax I am getting a refund back from Federal and from the State I get back a whole $2...this is doing an itemized return..When I did my own 1040EZ form it showed that I owed over $900 ...talk about scaring a person to death...there's no way I have $900 for ANYTHING right now..I can't owe..I can't owe..So I need to decided soon because if I am going to use the Turbo Tax I need to get it sent ASAP since I am totally Broke..Not in the red but if I pay ALL my bills this month I will be...and my truck insurance is due this month too...damn...

Today was payday and for some reason my check from work was $200 shorter than I expected...All of our overtime for the month comes on the end of the month check...and I was really depending on that money...I won't get any monies from the part time job for another week or so..not that it is gong to be much but something is better than nothing at this point..

I am really bad about letting things slide by..but I NEED to get my shit together and quit closing my eyes to everything...thinking if I don't look at it, maybe it won't be there..like my bills, if I don't open the envelope then I don't owe anything..NOT...it's all catching up to me NOW and I need to make some hard decisions...Or win the lottery, which doesn't seem to be happening...each day I don't do anything I get into more debt and more trouble...
It doesn't seem right that I work my ass off and still can't seem to get ahead..

I need to make a list of all the things I have around here that I need to sell, like the van, the freezer in the garage which I haven't used in over 4 years..the hospital bed and the hoyer lift, which I will never use...all these things just sit there and gather dust...I need to get them on Craig's list a least and see what I can do..my excuse is that I don't have a digital camera so can't take pictures to post...but at this point I just need to get it done...

Now I'm all awake because I'm freaked out about my finances and I know worrying about it won't make it go away or fix it..Where is my prince charming when I need him..or my fairy godmother...

No comments: