Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day Three

I'm not feeling as bright & perky today...in fact I feel like I could use a nap (might not be a bad idea)...4:30 came way to early this morning...
I went to the gym last night and played two games of racquetball and I didn't even have a major coughing fit...was out of breath (I believe I'm on the mend) and I sweated up a storm since my partner had me all over the court...It was fun...I've missed playing so much...I may not be the best player but I keep trying and I have fun playing...to me that's what matters...not that I win but that I play my best...

I've been thinking about my diet and realize that I haven't been getting enough protein, mostly been eating carbs and I know I need to balance these two things. I used to do a protein drink every morning but it was to costly so I need to find another way to get enough protein in my meals...Last night after coming home from the gym I grilled a Tialipia fillet on my GFG (George Forman Grill) and steamed a handful of Green beans (it was great). This morning I'm having my oatmeal with dried cranberries (no milk) and I added a beaten egg white to it...it's not too bad. I think I will boil up some eggs for snacking. I also have my tofu waiting for me to do something with it...maybe for dinner I'll have some with the veggies I bought...Opps... I need to quit thinking of food all the time.

I've also been thinking how I can keep up the momentum after 2 weeks...which seems to be my limit to keep doing anything lately...I always start out gung ho but then I let things start to slide back to where I was...and I really don't want to do that this time...maybe if I keep coming back here to read what I wrote it will make it easier and give me that motivation I need...
I know I need to make goals and write them down but they are the same goals I've had for the past 2 years and it seems like repetition for me to write them down here...maybe later..
For now I think I'll go take a nap and boil those eggs....

No comments: