Friday, January 09, 2009

Life is about to take another turn!

I heard from the American Kidney Services and started working on the call list tonight..And I'm not sure I'm really ready for this...EE & MM are both having fits...

FACT ....I need monies to pay off my credit cards and driving bus just doesn't pay enough so I KNOW I need a part time job.

The customer service job from home seems like a good deal. The work is a no brainer. There is no sales involved, no traveling and no boss looking over my shoulder all the time....It's calling from home and it will take 3 nights of my free time and my Saturday morning . It's definitely something I can do. The thing is I've been crunching the #'s and I'm not sure that it's going to be worth my time (EE & MM talking)....It is Commission (and that's how I got in this mess with the credit cards in the first place, working at the gym on commission only) At the worst I figure I'll be earning about $5/hr . Supposedly the potential is there to make more (that's always the story with commission)....and after taxes who knows what I will end up. I really haven't checked into any other part time jobs so I don't know what the pay is out there for the kind of work that I would qualify for...I figure it's not much more. I do know if I don't do SOMETHING I won't make even that....unless I win the lottery...and so far I haven't had any luck on that one...
So I'm committed to do a least this call list which is 10 pages long (around 700#s) out of which I need at least 35 hits...Tonight I spent 45 mins calling around 30 # and got 3 hits..I figure 10 more hours and I might make it....I will come home tomorrow night and hit it hard then call on Sat morning...that should give me an idea how this job is going to go...

Oh yeah, I didn't go to the gym tonight (I listened to MM & EE) thinking I would go tomorrow night and get a good leg work out but now I know that's not going to happen...I came home to work on the seating chart for my Elementary School and then I got the call from my new supervisor and we had to spend time on the phone going over the ins & outs of the call list so I missed eating dinner until after I got done with the calls (after 9 pm) and I let myself get really hungry
and as always when I'm faced with changes I go to the kitchen and eat everything I can find...so there goes that out the window tonight...now I'm busy coughing and I know I'm not going to be able to sleep because of all the things going around in my head....Coming here seems to help a little though so who knows.....Thank God tomorrow is Friday...And I WILL get back on track with my eating...I have to My Health won't let me do anything else....

No comments: