Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Week passed by

and there was many a day I thought to come here and blog some of my thoughts but EE & MM won out the day instead. I've been struggling with my health but feel much better today so no excuses and no listening to EE & MM that I've let it go this long that another day won't hurt...Nope I'm here to recap whats been going on with me.

I did go to the gym last Weds to play racquetball but had so much trouble breathing that I didn't play to well..that's the only time I've been to the gym in 2 weeks..still trying to figure a way to get both the gym and my part time job in the evening balanced...I was hoping to get my problem with my health under control by now so I could start going to the gym to get some weight training in between my morning routes and afternoon routes when I have a 3 hr break but I'm just not up to it yet physically...and maybe some mentally..I seem to need a nap everyday...

I don't know if the part time job is really paying off yet since I'm only on my 2nd week but It's not too hard, just time consuming but at least I'm at home and can take a break anytime I want...Saturday morning I was having alot of problems with congestion and not being able to catch my breath, so I only called a few people and then took a break from it until that night..
For some strange reason first thing in the morning (the first hour) and late afternoons/evenings I have no problem...I'm still a little congested in the head and coughing a bit but not out of control like in the morning. I actually feel good just get tired of not being able to catch my breath and coughing all mornign so I am making most of my plans around that...All I really know is I'm going through a lot of Kleenex...yech...
In the afternoon I went to our group's (THUS which stands for The Usual Suspects, we're a group of friends that is interested in mostly jazz, wine, staying in shape and just having fun) favorite little cafe to meet with the planning committee to plan our 2009 calendar. Not sure how I got on the planning committee but it is always fun to meet with the group for any reason..We mainly sit around on the couch's drink bunches of Coffee and Tea and discuss what events we want to do in the next year. They have the internet hookup so we can go on line to check out venue's and check with other members to see if they want to host any events...It's a blast...for this month we are planning a Bowling Party...Feb a few of us singles will go to a nice restaurant and treat ourselves with a nice evening out. We have a lot of fun together...

After I got home that evening I finished my calls for the day. Then I spoke with my friend "DJ" who told me that HBO was televising the Presidential Inauguration Celebration Party in DC at 11:30 for ALL to watch...so I told her that I would probably be in bed by then but would turn that TV on to watch some of it...Well, let me tell you IT was so Great that there was no way I could go to sleep on it..I found myself clapping and singing along with some of the stars there in my bed. After it was over I was so wound up that I could go to sleep right away...I know that would have been a good time to come here and blog but truthfully I didn't want to get out of my nice warm bed so I just watched more TV until about 4 am...

Sunday I again decided to forgo the telemarketing calls so I could go to a friends house (one of my ThUS buddies) where a group is learning French...Actually the Amie (that's French for Friend) who is teaching us is from Africa (Synagogal not sure if that is spelled right) and is working on her English. She has been in the States for 3 years and I think she does great with her English but she wants to improve it so she is teaching us French and we are helping her with her English...This is another one of those things that I've always wanted to do..to learn another language and to be able to use it...Back about 4 years I actually tried learning from some tapes but got discouraged and gave it up...In fact I still have the tapes...my friend "J" who is our world traveler is checking them out and I think after I learn the basics (this week my home work is learning the alphabet, numbers and one sentence. I picked Je m'appelle Sue et c'est mon amie, "J'....) I will try the tapes out again..I'm excited about this because I think I will actually be able to use it...who knows maybe after this I'll learn Spanish....and when I win the Lottery I can become a world traveler also (notice I said When not If...more positive thinking..)
I had yesterday off from work and went and got my hair cut pretty short...not the best hair cut I've ever had but it'll grow out and for the monies I spent it's not too bad..again it helps to have a friend that is a beautician and she's been doing my hair for 5 years....

so it's back to work today and the Kids we're pretty good but I noticed that there were alot that didn't ride today...I wonder if their parents didn't let them stay home to watch the Inauguration...I know that I have it on and am listening to all the comments now...after all it is History in the making..I'm so excited about the Change and Pray for the safety of the new President and his family.

I'm sure there is more that I meant to write about but for now I think I'll call it a day and go watch the what I can of the Inauguration before I have to go back to work....More later....

3 comments:

Suzann said...

Sue - I am sooooo glad you are back online on your blog. I am working hard to lose a few pounds I gained during December. It is so hard when you are ill, which I was for most of that month and then the cold, cold weather just makes one want to eat those carbs. I am back on track and am happy to be connected again.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about losing weight when are are ill...I love having my comfort foods but know they are usually what made me overweight in the first place. Good luck & I know you can do it..I'll be over to check out your blog soon..Sue

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh my God Slem...I hadn't even realized you were blogging anymore until I saw that you commented on Suzann's blog recently. I had to come by to say hi. I see that you started up again this month....so good to see that you are okay sweetie. Hey, life goes on...we've all be through things...everyone of us. Me included. And talk about weight and dieting...I'm in the middle of it all too. It's a constant battle with me too. I've been dieting since last year. I hate it. My doctor had one of those lectures with me last April...Geesh. I get serious...then I lose focus, etc. But I've lost about 35 lbs. or so. I'm in one of those trying to stay focused stages....but I could be doing better. Hope you are good Slem....I'll check back with you to see what's up in your life. Take care.... Love, Joy