Monday, January 05, 2009

Do I see a light at the end of the tunnel?

First day back to work from the Winter Break...all went pretty good..was worried about coughing a lot but it wasn't too bad...Had to take my bus in for service and they gave me a spare bus which isn't a good thing because all of the spare buses are really in bad shape...talk about no pick up or speed...oh well, hopefully it will only be a couple of day then I can get my own bus back...more on this at a later date.

I'm mentally & physically feeling so good today..when I got up this morning I decided to weigh myself..when I was at the doctors last Monday I weighed in at 207.5...I was hoping that I was at least down past 205...imagine my surprise when I weighed in at 199...whoooohooo...I am going to say GOOD BYE to the 200's and I never want to see them again....I think it's due to the way I've been eating the last few days...Oatmeal w dried cranberries for breakfast and lunch (I make 1 cup and then split it for both meals) it seems to be satisfying me...my stomach seems to be tolerating the oatmeal...I've tried to eat small whenever I do eat anything and to wait at least 2 hours between eating anything...and NOTHING for 2-3hours before going to bed...Imagine what I would weigh if I had been exercising at the same time....altho I'm still having trouble catching my breath when I move around, I am going to the gym tonight (got my gym bag and snack in the truck already) and try to play racquetball...I have really missed it...
As for the part time job search...got an email from AKS with an application so I read everything and filled out the application last night...This past weekend #1 Niece came over and set up the printer/fax machine she had given months ago (but I procrastinated hooking it up because I didn't want to admit to her that I needed help doing it) and so today I faxed the application to the AKS...keep your fingers crossed...after reading everything they sent me it looks doable....I will have to keep EE & MM under control because they do so hate having to do anything and have been trying to tell me all kinds of junk...like how much I hate talking on the phone (which I do but it's better than going to work at a fast food place and it's only for a couple of hours in the evenings and on the weekends). I know I can do this...
I've gotten myself into some trouble with credit cards over the past couple of years and I really need to get them paid off...the late charges and interest are killing me..so WHEN I get the extra monies from the part time job it will all go toward that.. I know it's going to take awhile but if I don't stop putting off what I Know I need to do then it will only get worse...I still need to get a summer job and The Kid and I are working on a plan for that..
So do I see a light at the end of the tunnel? It's only a dot right now but I know if I keep moving forward it will get bigger....

No comments: