Sunday, September 11, 2005

What WAS I Thinking????

Sooo I went out last night to a bar with #2 Niece. I was good and only had a couple of beers (light) before switching over to water.... The band was pretty good... they played lots of differant types of songs... I didn't dance because they had just waxed the dance floor and it was really slick and with the 4" heels I didn't want to end up on my butt ( I did walk carefully over it on the way to the bathroom)... Oh yeah, there was even a bar fight... now how much better can you get than that? Yep, I knew when I saw the 6 ft something, 325 pound guy with the mohawk hair that he would be looking for trouble and he didn't fail me... I didn't actually get to see the fight because I was busy giving my phone number to another guy at the time.... What was I Thinking?

I haven't done this (this being, making myself available for a "pick up") since I was in my 20's, so I'm a little out of practice on the bar games that people play... I know that's no excuse for losing my head but... he was nice and he does play racquetball... and he was taller than me (even in my 4" heels) I guess that counts for something, doesn't it? At least I didn't fall back on my old wild ways and go home with him after the bar closed... so maybe I am actually growing up or maybe staying sober keeps a person from making a total foool of themselves.
Seriously, I'm not sure why I did give him my number when he asked, I guess I just couldn't think of any reason why not to... at least not then... now I can think of a few.... And yes, he has already called me.. We are going to see each other Monday night... Am I scared?... you bet!!! But I'm also a little surprized that I'm not feeling guilty about not being faithful to Larry... True I don't really think anything will come of this, I think that once this guy sees me and he's sober, he'll run the other way as fast as he can....In my mind I still don't think that a "sane" guy would be interested in a "fat old chick" like me.. I really do need to work on my self esteem some more...
Will I go with #2 Niece again, well since it was my idea in the first place to go last night, I probably will go again.... I did meet some really interesting people, but it's weird, the ones I really enjoyed talking to were the one's that work out. Man, how I've change in the past couple of years.....
And more changes are on their way I'm sure!!!!!

No comments: