Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Biggest Loser

Here it is 3:36 am and I can't sleep again.... So much going on in my mind so instead of tossing and turning in bed I decided to come here. I wonder if there will ever be a time when I can sleep through a whole night. Most of the time I wake up but can go right back to sleep...Not tonight!

Thinking about the reality show I watched tonight (I knew there was a reason I don't watch too much tv). The Biggest Loser... A couple of things come to mind.

1. In the middle of the show they showed an advertisement for Betty Crocker (I think) dessert... it was some fattening dessert with topping that you can make in the micro wave.... Now I ask you..... Why would they do that? I mean this is a show about how to lose weight and be healthy and they tempt you with something like that... Well, I wasn't tempted, in fact I didn't even watch the whole advertisement. But I did think about those poor slobs who were mentally adding that junk on their grocery list... NO WAY Jose. Not me... I guess that only goes to prove to me how I've changed over the past 2 years...

2. The guy who got voted off the show this week, Nick, never really got IT... he was the one guy who always had to do it his way... He ate what he wanted, and never really pushed himself while exercising.... He did lose 41 pounds in 3 weeks while on the show.... But they showed a clip after the show of how he is doing now and damn if he didn't put that weight back on and more to boot.. He wouldn't tell how much he gained or weighed but you could see that it was quite a bit. He didn't even look like the same guy.... Last season, everyone on the show went onto losing more weight after they were voted off the show. They took the lessons they learned on the show seriously...I just wanted to yell at him and say " Hey Nick, It works!!! "

3. I can't help but look at the girls on the show and think "That is what I looked like 2 years ago". When they announced that they are taking applications for The Biggest Loser 3, the first thought that came into my mind was "I should apply" but then it hit me.... I'm not big enough anymore for that show!!! WOW what a revelation.... I'm too skinny for something!!! Who'd ever thunk I would ever be able to say that.... Although I'm still overweight at 170 pounds (the charts say OBESE, gawd I hate that word) I'm not big enough for the show.... That feels good... That doesn't mean I'm going to rest on my laurels (whatever that is) nope I'm going to keep on going and once I do reach goal then I will keep on doing the same things I'm learning to do now so I can maintain the weight loss. I WILL NOT BE A NICK!!! I am determined that this time the weight will not come back...

4. Why do I watch this show? The same reason I joined eDiets, the same reason I blog... I need motivation to keep going. And you never quit learning. If this show can show me one thing to keep this weight off, it will be worth all the silliness (girls crying for no reason).

At 64 pounds lost I might not be the Biggest Loser, but I'm sure on my way to being that in my life!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well i like ur blog ! keep it upp
you have good points in your writing !!