Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Car diO Kickboxing

I went to cardio Kickboxing for the first time in about a month..and boy can I feel it in my legs today...
I've been using my toe as an excuse not to go... too much pivoting around on it(Evil Eva convinced me), but since I'm playing racquetball 4X's a week and running at the park on Sundays... I figured that I can't really use my toe as an excuse anymore and to get my butt in class... I really do enjoy being tortured for an hour (NOT)teheheh!!.I've been doing it for over a year now and I think I have got it down pretty good but last night was a killer. That's the problem with not going for awhile... It's hard to get back into it..

Any hooooo

The first thing I always do when I get into the class is figure where I am going to stand. This is very important!!. I definately don't want to be up in the front row...and have all those people behind me watching me...no way... and only beginners stand in the back row....so that leaves the 2nd & the 3rd row (this is a big class, standing room only)... so I opt for the 3rd row, that only leaves one row behind me...but over to the right side of the room so I can see and hear the instructor... Now you've got to understand that the front & sides of the room are covered with mirrors...these mirrors are weird, kind of like those mirrors in the fun house... sometimes I can look at myself in them and I look fine (especially my legs which are getting pretty darn fit)..... but then if I move just to the left or right a little bit I look like a beached whale...what gives with that?... so I have to find the perfect spot to stand so when I look in the mirror I will look good (and you have to look in the mirror to be sure you're doing what everyone else is doing)..... so anyway after moving around for about 5 mins I find my spot... The class starts with warm ups when I notice that the tag on my shirt is in the front....what the hell?... damn, how could I have put my shirt on backwards?....it's not like I get dressed in the dark... noooo... I get dressed in the dressing room with 30 other women looking at and talking to me.... anyway... I decided I don't want to go through an hour with my shirt on backwards so I take a quick look around me to see if anyone is watching me and I quickly pull my arms out and twist the thing around... doing this without missing a step...So what if my bare naked belly showed for a moment!! Damn I'm good.... Then I notice I've lost my spot and in the mirror is this big fat woman wearing the same workout clothes as me and even has the same hair... and to make things even worse, right in front of me is this skinny young thing that doesn't even work up a sweat doing all of this kicking so it makes me look even worse in the mirror... I think I hate her... sooo I look around for my spot again....Oh shit I should have know the instructor from Hell is going to work out legs tonight... I find my spot just about the time the she has us doing 4 kicks moving forward, 4 kicks moving back, 4 jumping jacks turning and then the whole thing again, moving around the room... lost my spot again!!!!! OK forget the Damn mirror and just move my ass.... I had decided before coming in to this class that I was going to work out my hardest... that means doing the little jump at the end of each move...and shuffling all the time instead of planting my feet.... man is it ever a good CAR DIO workout.. We are all working up a good bra soaking sweat (except that skinny young thing in front of me.... damn I still hate here) any hoooooo
I'm working out next to a guy who is sweating profusely, I mean it is pouring off from him by the buckets, floor is getting wet and everything... all of a sudden he shakes his head and damn if a big glob of sweat doesn't hit me...time to move over a little... looked in the mirror and I HAD found my Spot again... woooohoooo....Life is good...
Now you may ask Why do I put myself though this kind of torture? Because I can do it..When I think about how I was 2 years ago where I could hardly walk across a room without needing a break and couldn't even climb up 4 steps and now here I am doing a hour of KickAss Kickboxing and keeping up with the class... I feel proud of myself.. I may not be the best at it but damn I'm there and I'm doing it.

No comments: