Monday, September 12, 2005

I'm a control freak!!!

I think I've always been a control freak, as I'm sure my family will tell you. I love the feeling of being in Control, knowing that I am the one that is making sure things are getting done the way they are supposed to be. It's not something I really think about, it's just Me.

What made me think of that right now? There's this person on my eDiets group who is having a hard time with depression due to all of the things going on in the world (at at least that's what she says) so she has been eating to self medicate herself and has gained 10 pounds in the last month.. She says she can't stop herself...
What's this got to do with my being a control freak, you ask? I'm sitting here thinking "why does some things effect some people some ways and not others (in particular me!) ? Maybe it because I know although I can't control what happens in this world, such as Hurricanes in the Gulf or terrorists on 9/11 , I know that I can control how I react to it... I can control my eating. This I can do something about... I may not be able to control the price of gas, but I can control how I spend my free time so I exercise....I may not be able to control how other people eat but I can control what I eat..These are all things I have a choice in and I chose to stay in control and make the right choices....

So I'm thinking to myself "It may not be such a bad thing to be a Control Freak!!".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is me laughing hysterically at you finally admitting what we've known all along.