Thursday, February 23, 2006

New Swimsuit or New Running Shoes?

I've been checking out the Victoria Secrets swimsuits on line because I am determined that this summer I will look good in a swim suit...thinking Tankini here...I did find some that I really like but am having a problem with the thought of spending over $100 for that little bit of cloth...especially not knowing if it will really look good on me...I know I could send off for it and it I don't like it I could send it back...but I seem to have a problem taking clothes back...Right now in my closet I have 3 pairs of pants, A green demin skirt, a yellow flowered skirt, a pullover shirt that all just don't fit me comfortably yet (bought at differant times in the last few months) because I rarely try things on at the store..I just buy them and then try them on at home...I know I should have taken them back but I really like them and WHEN I do lose this weight (note I didn't say IF) I will have something to wear that I really like...any hooo back to the suit...I do have 2 regular swimsuits right now that I wear to the gym for the hot tub and 1 2-piece that I bought last year that I am using for inspiration to lose this fat around my middle.. The 2 suits I wear at the gym are getting baggy in the butt..what's with that? and I really want a new one...Can you have too many suits?..but the suits I have I bought at WallyWorld & Ross's and didn't spend that much monies on..probaby total of $100 for all three...now I'm looking at ONE Suit for the same price I spent on all three....make me hesitate...Damn I wish I had enough monies that I didn't have to stop and consider these things....

Then again I start to think that I really need to buy a new pair of Running Shoes (I've had the ones I run in for over 6 months...not good especially with me putting in so many miles now) and I know these will cost me around $100 too...I just signed up for another 10K on March 4th...that's less than 2 weeks..one of the reasons I haven't bought new shoes yet is I don't want to run a race in NEW shoes, I want to break them in first.....I can't afford both (at least not in the same month) so this Saturday I will go to Fleet Feet and get me that new pair of shoes and I'll just have to wait for summer to buy the swimsuit...maybe by then they will be cheaper (I just hope I can find one I like then)..

No comments: