Friday, February 03, 2006

Football & the Superbowl

When Lar was alive we watched LOTS of football...Pro & College...I always said if I ever went on one of those game shows that ask questions about football I would want Larry there...In fact it was a joke between us...I always said that I had heard a rumor that there was other things on the teevee besides sports but you couldn't prove it at our house....Actually it work out good for us..he watched his sports and I read my books while being in the same room...and when I did watch football with him, he was sooo patient with me because I would ask the same questions again & again... I think, thanks to him, I did absorb some knowledge of football over the years we were together...don't know how much of it I really remember but...When he died I just couldn't bring myself to watch football anymore without missing him too much. So for the last 3 years I have purposely advoided Football of any kind....for one thing watching football by yourself is just plain BORING (at least to me..no one to cheer with or argue or explain what just happened).... I remember my Grandma Smith (on my Mom's side of the family)watching it by herself after my Granddad died...My sister (#1 Niece's Mom) and I would over to her apt on Sundays and she would be watching football...we would stay for a lil while visiting and watch some with her.... I never thought about what it must have been like for her...now I do...

Well, this year I've got the hankerin' to see the Superbowl...I don't know why especially since I haven't watched any football this year but it just seems like something I want to do .. the problem is that I don't want to watch it by myself and since I've been so adamant about not watching football for soo long, no one (thru no fault of theirs because how would they know that I've got this hankerin') has thought to ask me over to watch with them...The Kid and family already has plans to go over to a friends for a Superbowl Party..and I'm sure #1 niece and family will be going over to their best friends, besides that I don't like to intrude in their lives too much, and I don't feel comfortable inviting myself. I've been racking my brain to figure out if there is any one I know that I can invite over to my house or go to thiers on Sunday....but alas....I really have no close friends that don't already have plans...in fact when I really look at my life I've come to realize that I really have no friends outside of my family and the gym..I've never been one of those people who hang out at friends homes much (except my friends in SC but I really don't want to drive 6 hrs just for the Superbowl)....more comfortable in my own home by myself...but there are times when I wish I was more outgoing in this way (it's somethiing I have been working on tho just not good at it yet)...Don't get me wrong...I'm not feeling sorry for myself...most of the time I get along just fine by myself...but dang there are times that I wish I had my own lil circle of friends to do things with...

Oh yeah, btw...I going for Seattle....I even got in the pool here at work...drew terrible numbers tho so don't expect to win...but just in case keep your fingers crossed for the numbers 3 & 3 on any innings...

No comments: