Thursday, February 16, 2006

Figuring It Out is gone

Kyra's blog "Figuring It Out" is gone... I really liked her blog...but I understand why she decided to discontinue it....and hope she is happy in the "gated" community that she found...no more negative comments from people who won't even sign their names just anonymous..I know that some anonymous comments can be annoying but I guess I've been lucky in that I've never had Negative ones...just those ones that want to sell me stuff...that's bad enough...

On the home front here I'm gearing up for the 10K tomorrow morning...not sure what I've gotten myself into...especially since my knee has been bothering me all week...I really pushed myself on the treadmill on Tues and ran 35 mins on random without stopping...this is the best I've ever done on the treadmill.. for some reason it is harder for me to run on the treadmill than to run outside...anyway since then my knee has been funky...sometimes it hurts like crazy and then other times it's fine...also the weather has alot to do with that...with this rain it always bothers me a little....and won't you know it...they are calling for rain tomorrow... but I got an email telling me that the race will be on Rain or Shine so I will be there...I might have to end up walking a ways but no matter what I will do this...I'm thinking Positive!!!! I'll probably end up taking some Motrin..if I remember in the morning....I know that I should Ice it down tonight but I have never been able to bring myself to putting ice on any part of my body...brrrrr...I hate cold...now if you told me to put heat on it...that would be differant..

Evil Eva's been sabatoging me here lately with my eating (could it be the full moon?)... telling me that with the upped workouts I've been doing I need more food especially at night after I work out...Last night I got home late (around 10) and had my salmon & brocolli, but that didn't satisfy me so then I went back and had some grapes (which was part of my plan so that was alright) then I spotted the smoked almonds so I had some of them, Evil Eva telling me that I needed the salt since I sweated so much at the gym. I don't normally buy smoked almonds, but EE talked me into it the other night at the store as a treat(luckily I split them up into 1 oz baggies when I got them and I only had 1). By then it was time for me to go to bed and but first I had to grab a lil box of raisins because I wanted something sweet after all that salt...I know to some that may not seem like much but it is more about not controlling myself. I get so mad at myself for giving into these cravings (or mindless eating). I know all the things I'm suppose to do when it happens but i just don't do it when I need to...
I'm a glutton for punishment so this morning I weighed myself...not good..i'm up a 1/2 pound...but even worse my pants felt tight this morning for the first time in a long time (probably all that salt on the smoked almonds). I know that I need to get over it and do ONE DAY AT A TIME.. but I also need to figure out a way to keep it from happening again because if I don't then I will never lose this weight and will keep beating myself up over it (and that's no fun). I'm thinking if I make myself come here and "confess" each time I do this (and I hate to admit I'm not perfect) then I will be able to talk myself out of eating things I know I don't need at night...We'll see....

No comments: