Monday, May 01, 2006

Had a good Weekend....

Sat morn I played racquetball...I'm moving pretty good on the court and am actually racking up some points ...giving my partner some competition...talk about feeling good...I then did some abs and some back (couldn't do any pull ups because my little finger on the left hand is swollen & hurts from the arthritits and can't get a good grip on the bar...I still need to see bout getting some wrist wraps so I'm not having to use my hands so much), made plans with one of the gals from the party last week to go to Piedmont Park on the Memorial Day Weekend to PARTEEEEEEY (same group of crazies from last week will be there plus) then I hit the hot tub...

After the gym I went to the ball park where Bubba was playing softball...The Kid's Hubby is the coach this year and she helps him out..and since the team Mom wasn't there to help in the dug out...I took Lil Missy to the playground so The Kid could be team Mom for the day...Lil Missy and I had sooo much fun...we even went and fed the geese & ducks at the pond... this guy had some bread and gave it to me for my "daughter". I had to laugh and tell him that she was my GrandDaughter..I think he needed glasses...LOL...

On my way home I stopped at the store and got me these really coool levi capri's and some teeshirts...I don't have any regular teeshirts and had convinced myself that I was too old for Tshirts with sayings but got hit with just the right mood and saw a couple that I really liked.. the one I'm wearing today is light brown with "Single & Fabulous" in Gold...the one I really like and will probably wear it with my new capris says "Rock & Roll...if the music is too loud then you are too old"...How cool is that? I did find this really neat pair of camouflage color capri's that I fell in love with but when I tried on the size 10 they were to tight in the belly and damn if I will buy size 12...so as much as it broke my heart I passed them up...I have to quit buying clothes....but Damn I keep seeing things I want...oh yeah..I also bought another new pair of sandals....good thing I buy at WalMart and Ross's so I get a lot of stuff without putting out alot of monies...I figure when I get to my final goal, I will then start to buy the good stuff... until then I'm just having fun...

When I got home I looked at the 150 pictures from the party that was emailed to me ...There is not ONE good picture of me in the whole group and I'm in probably about 20 pictures...But I did good and didn't get depressed about it because I decided that it doesn't matter...I had a good time.. and these people like me for who I am not for how I look....and just enjoyed looking at the pictures..damn we sure did have a good time....

Sunday woke up to a cold dreary morning, decided I wasn't up to running at the park especially since #1 Niece had other plans (again)...so I did my laundy...cleaned up the rest of the house, by then it was around 11 am and I got to thinking about my race next week up at Hartwell...since I've never been to the big town of Hartwell before, i decided to take a ride up to it and make sure I know where I am going since my run is at 8 am next Saturday...looked on mapquest and saw that it's about an hour & half drive north of from where I live...so I packed some fruit and water and got in my truck and drove...it was a nice day for a ride...found Hartwell with no problem but the directions to the Recreation Area that I mapquested was wrong so I ended up driving around for awhile until I found it..in the opposite direction...Good thing I decided to check it out..I would have been sooo upset if I got there next week and couldn't find the place..Nice area and now I know where to go without no problem...

It's funny...when Lar was alive he did all of the driving (I was the navigator)and we would go for rides on the spur of the moment just to be going...I always thought it was just him that was impetuous but I'm finding out that I am too...I never thought I would be able to just drive somewhere I've never been without being afraid of getting lost or having car trouble or just being by myself...but over the last couple of years I have found that if I want to do something I don't have to wait for someone to do it with me ..I'm all right just going by myself...Sure it would be nice to have someone to go with but why should I miss out just because I don't have someone...(except I'm still afraid to go into Atlanta by myself)...

Anyhooooo....I got back around 4:30 and decided that I would take a run at the park...good news is that my hamstring didn't bother me...bad news is I got a cramp in my other leg that still hasn't gone away totally...but over all I had a good run..didn't make the time I wanted due to the fact that I pretty much walked the last mile of the 6 miles..but I still felt good because at least I got out and did it...Didn't give into Moanin' Mona who was crying because she just knew it was going to hurt...What's a little pain compared to feeling good about myself...

got home, took a shower, fixed a good dinner, then finished folding and putting away the laundry (funny how I have more work out clothes than anything) then sat and finished my book I was reading..went to bed early...
All in All a good Weekend...

1 comment:

Suzann said...

You are amazing and my role model. Sounds like you had a really good weekend. Stretching ourselves feels really good - and now I don't just mean physically :) Have a terrific day. S.