Tuesday, May 09, 2006

YA'LL MAKE ME SMILE

Thanks to Kyra & Suzann I made up my mind this morning that I will not let my last race defeat me....I am doing another race this month. I will learn from my experience on Saturday...I am going to run a 5K instead of the a 10K but only because there isn't any 10K's that interest me right now....
I signed up for a 5K here locally on May 27th...I think this is the same route I did for my first race back in Sept (and I came in 2nd for my age group)...it's got some inclines but nothing like what I just ran...and I really have to get over my aversion of inclines...I need this race to get my confidence back..and I think I've talked one of the girls here in the office to do it with me....

I'm going to run on the treadmill tonight before working out with the weights..I've been lax on doing this...I've been doing the elliptical & the life cycle for cardio instead of running on the treadmill...using the hamstring as an excuse...not that there is anything wrong with doing either one of those but I really need to get back into running. I was thinking about getting up early and running outside at home but I hate running in my neighborhood...we have some people who let their dogs run outside and it's not like I'm afraid of dogs..it's just that I hate having them at my heels while running...it would be a good run tho because we got a couple of killer hills...the other reason I talked myself out of it is that I live in a subdivision on a cul-de-sac and it's only about 1/2 mile to the main road...I used to walk it with my neighbor and we would walk it 3-4 times to get at least 2 miles in...and it was boring....that's how I know about the dogs....I'll have to give this one some more thought...but in the meantime I WILL do the treadmill at the gym more...I know I really need to push myself more...

On the lighter side of things...yesterday I unintentionally found a way to have a "push up bra" without spending a lot of monies on one of those expensive ones from "Victoria Secrets" (which I have always thought I wanted)....I bought this top last summer (for $5 on sale) that I really liked but when I got it home and put it on I found that the neckline came to a V way down to my belly button (OK maybe not that low but it was low)....so I haven't wore it...Well...at the party the other night one of the gals there had the same type of top on but she wore a sports bra under it and it looked alright so I decided to do the same with this top...and since I was wearing it to work and I have a problem with my nipples showing thro sports bras (which only bothers me here at work) I decided that I would wear my regular bra under the sports bra (more padding in the nipple area)....well let me tell you...this really pushed those old saggy boobies of mine up...in fact all day yesterday I kept hitting my boobs with my chin...whoooooaaaa ... and I was wearing one of my favorite gold necklaces with a big triangle medallion that kept resting in the crevice of my boobs (it was cold and shocking...I kinda liked it)...now understand I am not a large chested woman....since I've lost weight I've gone from a size 42E cup to a size 36B cup...so this was quite a shock to me...I actually looked like I had something there...I'll have to remember this lil trick if I ever get a date...ROTFLMAO....

I just want to say that I'm sooo glad that Kyra is back. When she decided to leave her blog because of stupid people who were harassing her, I felt like I had lost a friend... #1 Niece emailed me the other day to tell me that she was back... I immediately went to her site and felt a warm fuzzy feeling just knowing that she was back.. I hesitated to put her link on my blog because I would never want to be the reason some asshole would find her and give her a bad time again but since I have such a bad memory I knew I would have problems finding her site without adding it to my links ..and I'm keeping my fingers crossed...altho I know that none of you would ever do anything like that...you just never know who is reading blogs Annomously....
I got the biggest smile on my face and the happiest feeling when I saw her comment on my race...I'm always pleasantly surprized that Anyone would come here and read my thoughts and then take the time to give me support...I love it...again I get that warm fuzzy feeling...like I really count for something in this Life....Thanks to all of you I am definately heading in the right direction in this journey of mine...

YA'LL MAKE ME SMILE!!!!!

2 comments:

PartTimeMom said...

whoo hoo on the bra discovery - I alwsy find that a bra + sports bra gives a little extra - lift. :)

And I'm so glad Kyra was back! I was trying to show her blog to a friend the other day and was shocked that I couldn't find it.

Suzann said...

You are awesome! Go, go, go. Suzann