Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Changes

On my ediets one of the gals asked about what changes we had gone thru since losing weight and that got me to thinking (always a dangerous thing LOL).

Changes...Wow...lots of things go thru my mind when thinking of all the changes I have gone thru all my life....Life is all about changing and as much as we might hate changes we can't stop them. And then there are the GOOD changes...these are what I see has happened to me.

I think the biggest change for me since losing 60 pounds plus is in how I view MYSELF, not just how I look. I now have the confidence to do what I want. Before losing this weight I would never have drove to Gatlinburg by myself to meet someone I didn't know like I did last year just for a hike (and I had the best time and made some really good friends for life)..I cringe when i think about how much i missed out on because of being overweight...I look forward to the challenges (which is how I prefer to look at changes)and what life has in store for me.

In fact when I stop and think about ALL of the physical changes in me I see that they are definately for the better.. I now am healthier than I have been in years..no more constant heartburn (thanks to quitting sugar) no more chest congestion (thanks to giving up milk products including ice cream). I am now able to do things I only dreamed about...like running 5K & 10K's...I won't have been able to do this if I hadn't lost the weight.

I now enjoying shopping for clothes..love shopping for those size 10 pants. I think of all the years I dreaded even trying to find clothes for my body that would be flattering..it's rare now that I find something and try it on and it doesn't look good...I love this...

I feel good about myself...This is the BEST change of all.

2 comments:

Amy said...

it's awesome that you're so happy. so many good changes to be thankful for.

Joy Des Jardins said...

What a wonderful time for you Sue. New feelings, new beginnings, new ventures...it's so good to hear. I'm very happy for you.