Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sometimes You just have to give in!!!

I'm here at work but not for long...I've been feeling tired and achey for a couple of days now...probably been overtraining again. I woke up this morning with a doozy of a headache but thought it would go away...guess again...so i've just called my boss (in TN) and told him "I'm outa here" He said no problem because he knows I NEVER take sick leave...He's sooo cool...

I hate giving in to Moanin' Mona...but I think I will actually listen to her today ...go home, crawl back in bed and sleep a couple of more hours...give this body the rest it's crying for...

You know I'm not feeling good when I give up going to Hip Hop..I think I knew when I got ready for work this morning that this is how I would end up because I didn't pack my gym bag....it was hard to walk out the door without it...I FELT SOOOO GUILTY....but I know I'll be better off for it....(i'm trying to convince myself here)...

What I really have to watch out is that after I take the nap that I don't decide that I need comfort foods...you know all the things you like to eat when you don't feel good...this is a trap that I have let myself fall into before..one of the main reasons I usually convince myself to stay at work even when I'm not feeling good....
I'm thinking some homemade potato soup with lots of cheese ....good thing I don't have the makin's for it...then another of my favorites used to be homemade hot Choc cornstarch pudding...again I don't have any of the makin's for that but it sure does make my mouth water just remembering how good it felt going down my sore throat...but wait a minute...one of the reasons I gave both of those up was they both gave me heartburn and made my chest get all congested....forget the taste buds...they will lie to me everytime...maybe I'll make a cabbage/spinach/tofu casserole instead...I have all the makin's for that....AWWWWW COMFORT FOODS.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't want to call & wake you up. Hope you're feeling better!