Thursday, May 11, 2006

I know , I know

I have at least 20 pounds I still need to lose before I will be at the weight that I should be at...but I'm going to quit beating myself up over it and start to enjoy where I am at Right now as far as my weight goes...that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop exercising and eating right...Those are a part of my life now and I won't be happy living any other way...what I am going to stop is all the worry and aggravation because I'm not losing any more...I feel as long as I don't gain any weight back it won't hurt me to step back for awhile and relax...

I think if I was really serious about losing this last bit of weight I won't keep buying new clothes that fit me now each week. So in other words I have been sabatoging myself for the last few months and beating myself up over it..Well that stops today!!!

I was looking at my clothes in the closet this morning (I have more clothes now than I ever have had in my whole life)and I absolutely love what I have been buying for myself and I'm not ready to give them up yet, which is what I would have to do if I lost that 20 pounds because they would be too big...now this may not sound bad and I know that I would be buying even better clothes but for right now I just want to enjoy what I have...

IF I start to lose weight again, I won't be unhappy about it but I'm not going to keep trying to change the way I live just so I Will lose that weight...in the back of my mind I keep thinking that since I'm doing everything right now I will start to lose again...even if I don't lose by the scale I should get firmer as I add more muscle...which will make me smaller and that is what this is all about...me looking good and being healthy.

2 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

You're absolutely right Sue. It's so easy to caught up with the whole diet thing, that you forget the bottom line. You have done an amazing job. In no way should you feel like you're falling down on the job. You look good, you feel good...put it out of your mind, and see what happens.

Amy said...

right on! isn't that what we all want, to be happy with what we have. and you have it. that's awesome. it's even wicked awesome.