Friday, May 12, 2006

It all takes time

I've bitched about my "bat wings" forever...but I think they are getting smaller...
When I do my curls with the 40lb bar (I'm going to go up to a 50# bar next week), I sit with my arms resting on this shelf thing (this gives my back support) and I've always hated looking at myself at the mirror while I do my curls because I couldn't get my arms as close together as I wanted (they always splayed out) because of all the fat & loose skin on my tri (not a pretty site)..well last night while I was doing curls I noticed that my arms rest on the shelf without that big overhang of fat that used to be there and I have no problem keeping my arms in like they should...Where there used to be about 6 inches of fat there is only about 1 1/2 inches of fat...I'm also starting to see the muscle defination on my bis (especially when I curl my arm...whoa)...AND I noticed that the overhanging fat that used to be on my sides at the bra line isn't there anymore...This is WAy toooo Coool...So all the hard work that I do with the weights ARE making a big differance....It just takes time for the fat to turn into muscle...
I do abs pretty much everyday...differant exercises but still working the abs, since this is my biggest problem on my body...being a woman that is the last place that you lose...I still have way too much fat but I know under all that fat & skin there is some strong ass muscles...how can I tell? Welll, when I hold in my stomach, which I do all of the time now because it's unconfortable not too, I can feel the muscles are tight...when I'm sitting down I have this roll of fat that used to not even fit in my hand (probably about 6-8 inches) but now is down to about 2 inches (which may be a lot for some people but great for me) and I'm alright with that for now...I feel like the Special K ad..where they do the pinch test and say if you can pinch an inch you need to eat Special K...Well, I don't eat Special K anymore (what I do eat is Kashi GoLean Hot Cereal with a banana..I love the thick creaminess of it) because I don't do milk & sugar and I don't know if I will ever have less than an inch to pinch..but for now I'm not that unhappy with 2 inches...hey it's a whole lot better than where I used to be...
Today I'm wearing a t'shirt with my new levi capris...I mention this because up to now I've advoided wearing t'shirts because they cling to my sides and show that roll of fat too much..there's still a roll but it actually doesn't look all that bad..at least it didn't in the mirror...just nobody take a picture of me...I've added some more obliques to my routine...holdng 10 pound weight while twisting side to side while doing crunches..hopefully this will turn that roll of fat into muscle...it all just takes time..If I keep this up I'll have to be posting another picture of me...maybe one just of my body and no head shot since seeing pictures of me always puts me in a spin...
I do love working out with the weights at the gym....it makes me feel soooo good about myself...
Hip Hop last night was a bust...Kevin our regular instructor wasn't there and the guy who taught was kind of squirley...he was all over the place and his music sucked...but I did the whole hour anyway...He did have this really neat stobe (do they call it that still?) light that made it look like you were in a club...and I did learn some new moves..but I will be so glad when Kevin gets back..I wasn't the only one who missed him...

1 comment:

Amy said...

exercise and strobe lights. damn.