Friday, May 26, 2006

MMMMMMMMMMMyUMMMMY

After eating my salad for lunch today I decided to walk over to Publix's and get me a piece of fruit for dessert..All I had in the house this morning was a ripe banana (which I had in my hot Kashi cereal this morning) and an apple (which I'm saving for my 4 oclock snak to hold me over until I can eat again after playing racquetball tonite). Sooo anyhooo..I was thinking grapes or strawberries since they haven't had any Clemetines (which is my all time favorite fruit) around here for awhile...When I spotted this bin with these HUGMOUGOUS (this means very BIG) Naval Oranges...and a sign that said Sweet...@ $1.29 a pound...They just looked so good that I couldn't resist so I picked one of the smaller ones (HA)..it weighed .97 lb and cost me $1.25...but damn it worth every penny I spent....I just got back and sat at my desk with a paper plate and napkin (it was that juicy) and ate the thing...WOW...was it ever good...one slice was as big as a whole Clemetine and they didn't lie about it being sweet...Talk about the best Orange I've had in a LONG ASS time...once I started to eat it I couldn't get enuff...I wish I would have bought more...Much better than those Veggie Chips I was tempted to buy but didn't...I wonder how you would figure out how many calories was in it???? Hmmmm...right now I don't care...but I AM thinking about starting to keep the journal again...and you know how bad I am about that...at least bad about counting calories...But NOT TODAY!!!!

1 comment:

Joy Des Jardins said...

I LOVE oranges Sue. Sometimes I get in such a mood for one. This one sounds so delicious...even at that price. Calories, schmalories...it was totally good for you...nice choice. Besides just the walk to and back to get it probably ate most of those up.