Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thrills....

Nowadays I get a thrill out of the weirdest things...I was sitting in my truck at lunch reading. Hey, It's better than sitting in the office....I know, I know I should have been walking but I wanted to finish this book I started last night...anyhooo...I was sitting there when I realized that I had hooked my right leg up under the top part of my left leg without thinking and I was really comfortable...now even up to a few months ago this would not have been possible...I also noticed that my back was straight and I was holding in my stomach...all this without having to think about it...Coool...it gave me a thrill...

Then there is painting my toenails...now this may sound like a simple thing to the majority of the world but when you've been as overweight as I have been, being able to reach your toes to paint them is a big thing...there was a time in my life that I had to wear slip-on shoes because I couldn't reach to tie them...or I would have larry or someone else tie them for me...my belly was that fat and I was that out of shape...Now I can almost touch my nose to my toe...talk about a thrill....who knows maybe I'll take up toe sucking....yech...NOT...at least not my own...teehehehe..

Another big thrill for me is catching site of my reflection in the window as I go to my truck and see how skinny my calves are....especially when I'm wearing my heels...I have to take a second look to make sure it's me...

Last night at the gym one of the personal trainers stopped me and told me that he was soo impressed by me...because I am always there and he has seen the differance in my body in the last year....he also told me that he uses me as an example when he has a new client....WOW, I think!!!! Now this is a guy that I have never talked to (and I talk to alot of people at the gym)...he's always seemed too stand offish to me...but he really was nice...I was smiling all night...What a Thrill...

1 comment:

Kyra said...

Woohoo! What great progress, and kudos and everything! Good for you!