Thursday, April 27, 2006

Get me out of the Damn House!!!!

Amy said something in her blog today that got me to thinking...she said "i think the goal to not eating all night is not being in the damn house." Truer words were never said for me...I never have a problem with eating outside the house but as soon as I get home I start to think about what I can eat...Especially if I'm reading or watching tv (and what else is there to do after dark when you live by yourself)...Now you would think that since I get home so late (usually after 8 pm) from the gym that having only 3 hours before going to bed I could keep from stuffing my face....but NOOOOOO....for some reason all will power leaves me when I am home...I don't know if it's because I associate eating with home.....Weekends are especially bad for me (if I stay home)...I mean it's crazy...but I will spend hours looking and planning on what I can fix to eat...I can make something to eat out of nothing...and that's what I keep in the house now...only healthy foods that I like...but damn if I can't still find something in those cabinets....Like last night for instance...I got home around 8:30 pm and nuked an Amys Roasted Veggie Pocket Sandwich, finished the no fat pretzels (about 1/4 cup)and a glass of green tea...Now this should have satified me...I felt full but then I sat down with my book to read for an hour and decided that I needed something sweet & crunchy so got up and got a rice cake (brown sugar maple flavor)..the damn thing is 50 cal ea and I would have been alright if I had stopped with just one but NO I had to eat 3...for the grand total of 150 cal...which still was within my calorie limit...since I had a salad for lunch...but I could feel something calling me from the kitchen...so I went and stood in front of the cabinet and looked to see what I had that I could fix fast....Well I spied the can of Cocoa and all of a sudden I really wanted something Chocolate...now instead of fixing myself a nice cup of sugar free hot choc..I get the idea to try to make a fudge...so I take a little bit of rice milk (1/4 cup) add 1 heaping tsp of cocoa, 2 tsp of Slenda and whip until smooth in a bowl... cover with plastic wrap and nuke that for 2 mins...add 1 tsp vanilla and whip until smooth...let cool off and add walnuts...this actually makes like a syrup and I all of a sudden got an urge to add my Friday banana to it...I have to tell you it was really good...I know it was low fat and sugar free but I still figure it had more calories than I needed..I mean really the rice cakes did satisfy me but I get these things in my mind and I want to try them...
I know all of the things you are supposed to do to keep from mindless eating..I've read it all and tried it all...1. find something else to do...yeah...like that's going to work at 10 a.m at night..2. Go to bed...then I lay there and think about it and can't go to sleep...wrong again...3. Brush your teeth...done that...but what's to stop me from brushing them again after i eat...4. Call someone...Who? It's freaking 10:30 at night..everyone I know is I either in bed or busy...and I hate talking on the phone..I do that all day at work..
I know it could have been alot worse..but it's not so much WHAT I eat that aggravates me..it's that I can't get CONTROL over this urge to eat when I know I don't need too....and again it's only when I'm at home.....maybe I'll get a camper and move into my truck....LOL...Problem solved!!!!

No comments: