Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Dreaded Easter Candy

Is there nothing better than biting into a Chocolate Easter Bunny? ...hmmmmm...almost orgasmic just thinking about it...
Ok who out there knows where the Easter Bunny came from...just how does it relate to Easter? Besides being Spring..the real question is who cares if we get to eat CHOCOLATE CANDY... It's everywhere you go...It's the first thing you see when you walk into the store...How can we resist??????

This all started because of my freinds Con & Paula up in SC... Paula's basic menu is potato chips (she only eats a special kind that she gets thro a mail catalog from PA. I've never tasted them because they look way to greasy), any kind of Chocolate and Coke...Needless to say she is very overweight and always sick...anyhoooo the point here is she always has chocolate at the house and usually I'm alright with that (I know it's going to be there when I go so I set my mind on not being tempted)...and usually I can pass it up without any trouble...Con is the same way, he rarely eats the chocolate but will buy it for her (his way of showing her how much he loves her?) but this last time up both Con and I got tempted by the Easter Egg Malted Balls....(I totally LOVE MALTED BALLS, the way they melt in your mouth, the way they taste...)they were just sitting there...waiting for us...we both looked at each other and knew that we were DOOMED...so we compromised...There wasn't many left so we split them up between the 2 of us...(not sure where Paula was at the time..probably out buying more Easter Candy...). Now you have to understand that I haven't had any REAL Chocolate CANDY in a very long time...(I did try the sugar free choc candy but it gave me a tummy ache)...Luckily we were on our way out of the house to the gym when we grabbed the candy and it seem to satify both of us...EXCEPT that I've been dreaming of Chocolate Since...This is why I DO NOT eat even ONE piece because it takes days, weeks to get out of my system....
I will be sooo glad when Easter is over and they get rid of all that candy at the store...That's why I put off going to the store until late Sunday night after I EAT...more Will power then...I rarely go down the candy or cookie aisle at the store...

Mostly I've been saying to myself today...."165...I want to weigh 165...only 2 more pounds...don't screw it up by eating that junk...enjoy your salad...I will not go the store today and buy me Just one Chocolate Bunny...NO Sir...I won't".

Then Evil Eva says to me "But if you walk over to Publix's it won't make you gain any weight because you will have walked a mile..." I remind her that it takes walking 1 mile to work off 100 calories and a choc Bunny is more than 100 calories"

Then Mona starts in crying "We really need that bunny..it's Easter and it can't be all that bad or they won't sell it"

I say "Who are you Kidding..you both know if I give in I will be sorry...so Forget it..Instead of eating Choc Bunnies, I'm going to sit here and eat Bunny food, my lovely spinach salad with strawberries, blue cheese crumbles and walnut pieces...Now that really sounds good to me"

So I figured to keep me honest I would come here today and get it out of my system...
ONly 4 more days to go.....

1 comment:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh SLEM, the malted milk eggs are MY absolute favorite of all time! I am in awe that you stayed strong....good for you. Don't be tempted....JUST TWO MORE POUNDS. Look who's telling you...someone who needs to lose A LOT more than two pounds. Stay Strong!