Monday, April 10, 2006

My birthday yesterday

I've have mixed feelings about turning another year older. After the big deal I made of my birthday last year I decided I didn't want to do anything this year, just to spend a quiet day by myself..which is exactly what I did.
I woke up early and laid in the bed imagining how it would have been if Larry was still here... it wasn't a bad thing, it left me feeling warm and loved...I then got up and went to the park to run/walk twice around the lake (6 miles all together)...I decided not to call #1 Niece...for one thing I figured being Palm Sunday she would be taking the Boy to church...and I really wanted to just be by myself and enjoy the morning at the park..it's so pretty right now with the everything turning green. I ended up walking the last bit and went on a couple of differant paths than I normally do..it was nice... Then I came home and mowed the lawn, pulled some weeds & trimmed the holly bushes. My poor yard! Before Larry died it was one of the best looking yards in the neighborhood...I just don't seem to have the motivation to keep it up the way it should be....
I did wear my shorts hoping to get some sun on these lily white legs of mine...but all I see is more freckles...too bad they don't meet up then I could pass it off as a tan...oh well.while out mowing My lil Sister (#1 nieces Mom) called and left a message on my voce mail..singing Happy B'day...
I then went in and read a Nora Roberts book..one of the Quinn stories...
My older sister called me from Wyoming and sang (off key on purpose, that's her thing) Happy Birthday to me...we talked for awhile..it's always good to hear from her even if she is crazy...
I grilled me some salmon on my George Foreman grill, nuked me a sweet potato and steamed some peas...for my birthday dinner...
I always fixed everyones favorite dinner for their birthday...wonder why we always associate food with birthdays...birthday cake & ice cream??? hmmmm....
After finishing the book I saw it was still early (only 8 pm) so went to WalMart to pick up groceries for the week...found this really cute dusty rose crochet top that will go perfectly with this skirt I have...so bought it and said Happy Birthday to me...My Mom called while I was at the store..we talked for awhile...she had to sing to me tooo...(why does my family do that?)...
Got home and watched a Sam Elliot movie...he's sooo hot...then went to bed..
Nothing exciting but just the kind of day I was in the mood for...

Both the Kid and #1 Niece called me this morning to let me know that they didn't realize yesterday was the 9th...I told them not to worry...No big deal...they both have their own lives and were pretty busy yesterday....

1 comment:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Well SLEM....all in all it sounds like a pretty nice birthday to me. I'd like to add my "Happy Belated Birthday" wishes to you too. (No singing, I promise you.) You really managed to cram a lot into your day....at least, I think so. BTW...I LOVE Sam Elliot too!
-Joy