Sunday, April 23, 2006

And I DID!!!

A few posts ago Moanin' Mona was here moanin' & groanin' about not having any friends.....Well, yesterday mornin' at the gym I was invited to a party....So I said "Sure, I'll be there". SOOOOO last night I donned my 4" heels, my black capris..put on a lavendar satiny top with a deep scoop neck, which makes me look curvey (I looked GOOD) and went and had A Freakin' BLAST....

Danced until 3 A.M....Those classes in Hip Hop is paying off...I felt good moving my body to the music..reminded me of the good ole days when I used to go dancin' with my lil Sis....met alot of really neat people...and got hugged by alot of good looking men...

Of course I was the oldest person there but did not let that stop me from having fun...I decided early on that "age is all in the mind" and I wasn't going to let that stop me from being myself & having fun....AND I DID

There was alot of picture taking...and I saw a few of me in which I thought I looked like an old lady (which in truth I guess you could say I AM)...hated them but again decided early on that I freakin' didn't care...I wasn't there to win any beauty pagent or compete with any one in the looks department but to have FUN...AND I did...

I had only a few glasses of wine & then mostly drank water (which only proves I can have fun without being totally wasted) since I knew I had to drive home and I want to take a run at the park this morning...I also need to mow my lawn today since ALL of my neighbors did theirs yesterday and mine looks like shit....All in all, I'm feeling pretty good this morning...

4 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Nice to hear you had such a good time SLEM. It's great when you don't have any expectations and wind up having a fantastic time. Hope there are more of the same in the future.

Amy said...

rock on!

Suzann said...

Woo Hoo - good for you. We have such weird things programmed into us in our culture about looks, etc. It is so fabulous to just say, "I don't care about those things, I am going to have fun" and you did.

Just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you are to me - I am working on my resistence training and doing my cardio and you help me so much - just to come and read is lovely. Take care

Lady Sue said...

AWWWW you guys me me feel sooooo goood....