Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Check this out!!!

I received this email yesterday ........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please join us tomorrow….

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Harris, Trish
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 10:35 AM
To: 1-EVERYONE
Subject:

BBQ

Staff Appreciation Day

Wednesday, April 26, 2005 Lunch at Noon

Atlanta & Nashville

Lunch will be served at noon in the warehouse (both locations). So please join us for a spread.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Normally I don't socialize with the people here at work...oh I might say hi to them in the hall and a couple of the guys work out at my gym and I'll talk to them.....but basically I keep to myself...Well, after Moanin' Mona's rant the other day about not having any friends I've decided that I need to get more socialble....so here was a chance to just do it... I knew that there won't be any food that I would want to eat at this BBQ...so I packed a nice big veggie salad this morning and I took it and my water and joined everyone for lunch...
Big Surprize (NOT) No one minded that I wasn't eating the same foods as they were (I got to eat what I enjoyed and not have any guilt about it)...They were truly glad to see me...I've worked here for over 2 years and didn't know that altho I don't know that many people...they all know who I am and what I have accomplished with my weight loss....We talked about all of the things I like to do..ie: racquetball, running 10K & hiking....In fact I got to talking to one of the girls here and we are going to look into going on a hike together one weekend....
How cool is that? I had a good time!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, now aren't you glad you went? You weren't so sure about it this morning when I talked with you. It's amazing what can happen if you just put yourself out there. And now all these people know that you're not truly stuck up.... 8o}

Suzann said...

Woo Hoo - good on you as you meet and set tons of new goals - proud of you sweetie.

Shelly said...

Is there a hiking club in your area? Or start a hiking group at your gym! I belong to an informal hiking group from my gym and we usually venture out on Sunday mornings. Have fun at work and hiking!

Lady Sue said...

Believe it or not...I just signed up for funhiking in my area...I am determined to get out there and meet new peoples.