Friday, April 21, 2006

My next one

Just signed up for my next 10k...it's the 28th Annual Lake Hartwell Dam Run on 6/7..I didn't get any races in for April because of my hamstring..but I figure I have to bite the bullet and get back into it sometime and this one looks like a good race for me.
While checking on active.com to see what races are coming up..I saw a race I want to do really bad..it's a Duathon in Dahlonega (that's up in the mountains)...this race starts off with running a 5K, then riding a bike for 34K and ending up with a 2 mile race...Now I know I that I'm not up to doing this at this time but I figure if I start training for it now I will be able to do it next year...It's held at the Army Rangers Camp...how coool is that...I've always been facinated by Triathalons but knew it was never going to be something I could do because of the swimming...but hey I think I could do this if I start train for the bike ride now....So all I have to do is get my bike back from #2 nieces friend Craig..or maybe get me a new bike since that one was too tall for me anyway and also I have some freinds at the gym who have been trying to get me into spinning..this might be just what I need to give me the motivation I need...I enjoyed riding bikes about 10 years ago when I lost a bunch of weight but since I developed hemmorrhoids I have been using that for an excuse not to ...when in reality I'm just chicken because I know that my butt is going to hurt when I start riding again....Altho I did enjoy the bike ride that I took at Cades Cove last summer and that was a 12 mile bike ride and didn't suffer too much....so I guess I will add riding bikes on my list of exercises...I will have to get some one to show me how to change gears again...for some reason I've never been good at that..(the bike at Cades Cove was the old type with no gears ...I loved it...but I don't see me riding one of those in a race...LOL).
I'm going to have to get #1 Niece to help me...I'm sure if I smile nice at her maybe she will be more interested in taking the bikes out for a ride than she is on running at the park..I know that is something she likes doing and is good at..riding bikes....

No comments: