Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My weekend

The past weekend was good. Spending time with Con & Paula is exactly what I needed...it feels like the black cloud that has been hanging over my head for weeks is gone...The thing I love about Con is that I can be myself totally with him. As I've said before he reminds me so much of Larry, he is a big guy and is crazy, at times he even dressed like Lar...When I first met Con this was a hard thing for me to deal with...I met him thro work (he was my area manager for a whole 2 months). We laugh alot about that first meeting..The year was 2004 and right after Halloween. I had gone to a halloween party dressed as a punk/rocker (kinda) and had used this spray in color on my hair, which didn't wash out as promised, so my hair was a bright pink. Con was interviewing for the position and had his hair back in a pony tail (it went down to his waist, he cut it the next day after he got the job and hasn't grown it back). He was one of my techs and we had talked on the phone for months but this was the first time we had met...We just looked at each other and busted out laughing, neither one of us had told the other about our hair...Right off the bat I knew that we would be good friends.. He decided that he wasn't manager material and has since gone back to being one of my techs. I think one of the things I love about him is that he is so much in love with his wife and they are both secure in their marriage. Sometimes watching the two of them reminds me so much of Lar & I and how we were together. We have a special relationship/friendship and I am always comfortable around both of them.. We have the same interests, especially now that Con is getting into the gym and getting fit. We talk everyday on the phone and he makes me laugh...When I get to feeling like I can't handle being alone anymore I know that I am welcome to go up to SC and spend the weekend with them anytime (no invitation needed)...They always make time for me...Now how cool is that? I am soo lucky to have them both for friends....

So with that said...let me tell you about my weekend....
I took Friday off to get my taxes done, my drivers licence renewed and to drive up to SC early...ended up not getting my drivers licence renewed (they moved the motor vehicle department and I still have to find one). Did get my taxes done...not good...the thing about being single and not having any dependents or tax breaks means I get a whole $151 back from Federal and $141 from the state...it cost me $140 to do my taxes at H&R Block...I think next year I will bite the bullet and do them myself...it's just that Lar & I always took them to H&R for the security of knowing we had done everything right...well since there isn't that much now that I can hold off on my taxes and I make soooo little income during the year..I guess I can do them myself and save me that extra monies... I was hoping to get more back so I could take a vacation to Colorado/Wyoming this summer...We'll have to see what happens there.
I drove up to SC and we and had mexican for dinner...it wasn't the same place we went to on New Years Eve and wasn't as good...I had spinach quesadilla and a raspberry maragrita (which was way too sweet and I think they used wine instead of tequilla). Saturday Morn Con & I went to Lexington SC and did a 10K Historic Tour..(Paula had to work).The weather was great, couldn't ask for better. It was really fun and I learned alot about the area and the civil war..You get to the center of town and they give you this map and you follow it. They have all sorts of stuff written about the houses on the tour and at one point they had this museum with differant old buildings from the early 1800. We got off the tour and spent some time talking to this guy who was sitting on his porch reading his newspaper...he waved at us and invited us up to visit..his family had lived in this house since the civil war (it was a mansion). He wasn't part of the tour but if you ask me he should have been, he was that interesting. With all of our stopping and checking things out it took us about 2 1/2 hrs to do the tour but it was well worth giving up my run that I was going to do that morning.
After we got home we just relaxed and visited. That night we grilled out.
Sunday morning Con & I went to his gym and worked out..then back to home to visit some more. I got home around 6 pm hoping to mow the lawn but it was raining so I just sat on the verandra and enjoyed it, which I love and thought was the perfect way to end the weekend.

No comments: