Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Shopping!

No, I'm not shopping for clothes..but I'm thinking about going camping with the Alanta Outdoor Adventures group over the Labor Day weekend...but before I can do this I have to buy a sleeping bag (I need one for the Zoo overnight thing anyway) and a tent...now I thought that this would be no problem. That maybe I could even just go to WallyWorld and pick one up..Well, think again..They do have sleeping bags and tents but whoa...they are all soooo heavy....
Nothing is easy in this day and age...
Part of the problem is I'm thinking if I really like this camping thing and I get fit enuff that maybe by next summer I can start backpacking (a dream of mine forever)...so if i'm going to spend any monies on a tent and sleeping bag then I want them to be light enuff so I can carry them next summer...

So I went on line to Bass Pro to see what they had to offer...Who knew there was soo much to know about buying a tent... or a sleeping bag... So after reading all this I thought I should check around some other sites to see what they have to offer..(trying to be an informed consumer here LOL)

I think I've narrowed it down on what I want at REI Outlet.. This tent or even this one and I really like this sleeping bag ...but I'm hesitating on ordering them because I want to see what I'm buying BEFORE I buy it...I know freinds tell me that when I buy on line that if I don't like it or it isn't what I want then I can send it back...but with me..once I have something I KEEP it, even if it's not what I want...I'm just no good at sending things back!!!!!

So my plan is to find a store that has the same items so I can see them and then go back on line and buy them...or now that I have all this knowledge on what I'm looking for I might just find a sale..this might be more fun shopping for than going to Ross's (which I haven't done in over 2 months....pat on the back for me) ...

No comments: