Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm going to the Beach!

So I made a decision on Weds to accept Gene's invitation to go to his beach house in Fripp Island on Saturday coming back on Sunday...when I asked him about his expectations of what he thought might happen this weekend his response was:

I would see the trip going like this. We meet someplace – here (not far from the tour location), there, somewhere in between – and go forth in my car. Mapquest says that the best way to get there from either place is through Macon and Savannah, and that’s my preferred route. I will show you around the house, the island when we get there. We can ride bikes (I have two old clunkers there), swim in the ocean, watch the sunset / sunrise, there is a small fitness center that we might be able to get into (it’s complicated), we would need to get food at the Publix in Beaufort and / or at the seafood shop near the island – depends on whether you want to cook or go out to eat – there are a couple of restaurants on the island, one not fancy, one as fancy as you want. There is a TV with DVD player, cable wasn’t working the last time I was there, don’t know why it had been before, as I wasn’t paying for it, some things are a mystery. There will probably be a singer up by the pool Saturday night.

There are six beds that you would fit in, 3 couches, two hammocks, take your choice. If I get too rowdy you can lock me on the porch with the hammock. (I probably won’t.) I would rather come out of the weekend with you as a friend than as a conquest,. I believe that anything that does happen should be with the consent of both parties. I’m not taking you there with a great expectation in that regard – I think I would enjoy your company, I hope you mine, I know we don’t know each other very well, I hope it will work out OK.


Not sure if I'm making a mistake or not but it won't be the first time if I am..and I know that I can take care of myself no matter what...

Besides this will give me a chance to wear my tanki on the beach...the only time I wear it is at the gym for the hot tub..hopefully I will get some sun on this lily white body of mine...I hear tan's make you look slimmer...teehhee..

No comments: