Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Quest for Motivation!!

Just got done catching up on Genuine's blog (one of my favorites)...and he talks about motivation for Mrs. Genuine....and it got me to thinking about how I have motivated myself over the last few years and how none of that seems to be working now...it's like "been there, done that, don't want to do it anymore!!!!"

I look around my office here and I see where I have posted all these little motivational poems and sayings..."Dream your Dreams", "Risk", "Your Day to DO It"...then there's the 90-day goal that I did the first of the year (5 things listed and I only made 2 of them)...does this really help or on days like to day only discourage me?

A few of the other ways I've motivated myself over the years (and they all worked for a time) ...
Joined eDiets.com support groups...haven't logged into them much lately...ever since they pressured me about becoming a moderator and doing my "Success" stories. I wonder if that is just an excuse and I've gotten tired of the support groups or that I'm just too busy here at work to log in.....hmmmm

Hired a personal trainer..this is one of the biggest things that helped me in the beginning..but I can't afford it anymore..but if I could, I would...I know there are those people out there that say if you want something bad enuff you will find a way...but truthfully I can't freakin' Afford it and do the other things I want...I know how to push myself at working out...I just haven't been doing it as much as I should...

Promised myself a new wardrobe/outfit...OK!!!! I have gotten WAY past this and buy what I want when I want...I have no control over my buying new clothes...if I see it and want it ....damn if I don't find a way to buy it right then...

Promised myself a Tattoo... so I did this one...but I got it before I reached the goal I had set for it..just because I wanted it sooo much..now I'm waiting to get to 159 before I do the next one....

Which brings me to the question...of Why do I set goals and rewards? To motivate myself..but then I give my self the reward before I reach the goal...so how is this going to help me?

Some people are motivated by reading stories of how others have reached thier goals in magazines...to tell the truth I find myself drawn to them and sometimes this does help me but more often it just makes me want to disbelieve....they always make those stories sound so damn easy...and we all know that's not true...so why should I even bother reading them...(except for blogs they're differant...they at least show the real story...that it is a struggle and that we are all human, not super hero's) ..

Tell myself that I want to look good for when I find that certain Man....but I think I look good now compared to how I looked 3 years ago... OH YEAH, I want to look EVEN better!!!

Write a blog ...wow, what a novel idea...so here I am ....looking to get motivated....

So what Motivates YOU?

No comments: