Thursday, August 17, 2006

More fun things to do!!!

In my quest for differant fun things to do I have joined another group..this one is called Atlanta Outdoors Club...I'm going on a hike with this group this Sunday...it sounds fun..AND
the end of Sept I'm going to do an "Overnight Adventure"... this will entail spending the night at Zoo Atlanta...
The Itinerary: How does spending the night in the Living Tree House at Zoo Atlanta sound?!? During normal operation hours, you will find lemurs, monas, drills and birds around the Living Tree House. But, during the evening, we will be the only wacky animals at the Tree House! We’ll show up on Saturday around 6pm and participate in several things. First, we will have an animal encounter with one of the small animals, such as a chinchilla, snake, prairie dog, etc. Second, we will tour the Reptile House (snakes, alligator, amphibians, etc.) and also the Commissary (where all of the food is prepared for the animals). We will sleep on the floor in the Living Tree House, and Thermarest pads will be provided. There are bathrooms, but no showers. We will go on a tour of the entire Zoo in the morning after a continental breakfast.

Now call me crazy but this REALLY sounds like fun for me...something I have never done...and I love Reptiles. When we go to the zoo that is my favorite place, I could spend all day there..it will be neat to see it at night...So I signed up, paid my dues for this one and put it on my calendar...I can't wait....

I'm still checking out skydiving & rock climbing.... I have a friend at the gym who want to go tandem skydiving....and I'm thinking about it...now the thing is I have a fear of heights but I'm determined to get over it.... as for rock climbing....I've always been fasinated by people who do it...I remember when #1 Niece climbed a rock wall at the '96 Olympics events held here in Atlanta...I was soo impressed...I'm working on getting my legs strong enuff so I can do this myself..."G's"(the guy who I spent the weekend at Fripp Island with) younger daughter works at one of those rock climbing places and it's got me to thinking about trying it..maybe I'll go to Bass Pro and try one of thier climbs..they have various levels...I guess I could start out with the one all the little kids do...LOL....

Now if only I had the monies to go hot balloon riding...this has been one of my dreams for years, I've come close a couple of times but have never made it..actually I want to do more than just ride in one...I want to be one of the crew who helps set it up....Someday.......

No comments: