Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What I did on my Vacation!!!

I'm back after a GREAT weekend. I stayed on plan with my eating and drinking water and I got lots of exercise...
I got up early Fri Morn and took a 3 mile run at the park... It was beautiful, the morning was cool and there weren't alot of people at the park, if only I didn't have to work I could do this everyday..oh yeah..
after running I went home to finish packing, then headed out to the airport.. I wanted to make sure I got there in plenty of time....

When I got to the airport I found I had a 4 hr delay on my flight due to the weather up north but I had a book and my planned snacks (fruit & nuts) already packed so noo problem. I had also packed a spinach/turkey wrap for lunch so didn't need to even look at any of the airport foods...and of course I had my water with me... I just sat back and enjoyed the time to myself..got into Newark around 10:45 and Frank met me at the airport;
We drove for what seemed like forever until I saw a house on a steep hill with a small Cypress tree wrapped in white X-mas lights, this was Franks & Val's house.. It was a really nice house and that's where we were all staying for the weekend.. Luckily it's a pretty big house because another couple was coming up on Sat. We sat around talking and catching up on everything.. he had been down in MS for 3 weeks helping with the Katrina Victims so had lots to tell me... The pictures he had of the devasation of the area around Gulf Port were terrible to see..
Sat morning we got up and did a run that a local car dealership was putting on for Katrina Victims. It was 5 miles of lots of hills... who knew that NJ had so many hills... I did pretty good for an old lady... the weather was great the whole time I was there.. It had been raining for the last 11 days and then I showed up and no rain at all the whole weekend.. Our other eDiets friends from PA (Dave & Micki ) showed up Sat afternoon and again we sat around and talked (mostly about our new healthy living and how much we have changed) then decided to go out to eat... We did Chinese.. I had Miso Soup and the Budha's Delight and splurged with a drink called Ginger Kamasuzi (it was really good but one was enough for me, it used a chinese liquor in it).. then we all went back to Franks and played Triva Pursuit.. I found out how much I don't know...teeehhheeheh.

I got up early Sunday morning and took Frank's dog CC for a walk, since they live in the country there wasn't any traffic but I did see a couple of deer... no bear altho Frank did tell me they do come around alot.. I did see where one had been scratching itself on a tree.. oh well maybe next time...When I got back Frank & Val were in the kitchen making breakfast. Frank fixed his special Power Pancakes using oatmeal/egg whites & ricato cheese.
Then we all jumped into Dave's car and drove for 2 hours (after a stop off at the local WalMart) up to the northern part of the state. Our hike took us up to the highest point in New Jersey. I think this is where Frank told us that we were looking at three states, PA, NJ & NY.. all I knew is it was soo beautiful... It was a little windy, in fact it reminded me of being back in WY... At one point the wind almost blew Frank off his feet.. I had to laugh... that's what he gets for losing so much weight..also he's 6'2" which made him taller than the rest of us ..... The leaves are just changing but it was still great... we hiked for 5 hrs. Val gave me a really nice back pack for daytime hiking and I wore it the whole time... another first for me... it's strange but it seemed to help my back from getting sore.. kept me standing tall....
When we got back to Frank's and he & his wife fixed dinner...Grilled Steak and chicken for them (I don't eat red meat and rarely eat chicken) but he had spinach salad with strawberries/blue cheese crumbles/walnuts, a veggie dish and sweet potatoes especially for me... it was good..Then we sat around talking until late when Dave & Micki (the couple from PA) had to drive back... none of us wanted it to end.

Yesterday I woke up and was hoarse from soo much talking & laughing...No problem with my flight coming home but did feel a little lonely with out all of my friends around...
Sooo that is my trip to NJ and it was GREAT...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Great blog!! I will make sure of coming back often.
If You really are interested in womens fashion cowboy boot I can
recommend this very informative site womens fashion cowboy boot
Here You will find a complete directoty of womens fashion cowboy boot