Monday, October 24, 2005

Do I really need to lose any more?


It's Monday and I'm fighting Evil Eva big time....She is trying to convince me that weighing 169 is good enuff. Her arguments are as listed.
1. This is the least I have weighed in the last 35 years...
2. If I keep losing then I won't get to wear all of the neat clothes I've been buying.
3. People are telling me that I look good so why bother.
4. If I lose too much more then I will have all this loose skin. I have already noticed this on my arms and legs lately. What if it gets worse? And what about that yucky chicken wattle on my neck?
5. I'm 55 years old for Gawds sake... I need to act my age...
6. If I lose more weight I will look older...I've seen pictures of women who have gotten so skinny they look gaunt..

I don't know if I'm just tired today but some of the things she's yelling in my head makes sense to me... I'm thinking maybe I just need to take a break and maintain the 160's for a while... but then again I might not have a choice... it hasn't been easy losing this last 20 pounds.. What makes me think I can lose another 20 pounds?

The picture above is on the day I ran my first 5K and won 2nd place for my age group... you would think that would motivate me to keep going. but when I look at this picture all I see is the negative things to see... I'm not going to mention them because I'm hoping you don't see what I see...
Is is dumb to be worried about the loose skin on my body? I tell myself that I can always cover it up... No matter what it's better than fat....

No comments: